• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old dried out cigars

dataz722

Ok, this is hard to admit but I have a humidor that had a pretty nice selection in it that I forgot about. ???
By the time I had remembered it, it was already too late and everything was really dry. I never did anything with it because I just couldn't bring my self to throw away what I had in there. If I had to guess it has been 9-10 months. Is there anything that can be done to bring these back to life or are they destined for the trash?

Thanks.

Ok, this is hard to admit but I have a humidor that had a pretty nice selection in it that I forgot about.
unsure.gif

By the time I had remembered it, it was already too late and everything was really dry. I never did anything with it because I just couldn't bring my self to throw away what I had in there. If I had to guess it has been 9-10 months. Is there anything that can be done to bring these back to life or are they destined for the trash?

Thanks.

humidify them and try them out...although they are likely trash.

They'll never be quite what they were, but if you give them a good 6 months in a well-kept humidor, you might be able to rehabilitate some of them. A friend gave me some dried out cigars and it took me a year to make them smokeable. Be patient, treat 'em right, and there may yet be hope!

Also, please post an introduction and tell us all about yourself! Welcome to CP.

Neglected humidors . . . only fauxhibas bring more noobs to cigar forums for the first time! :laugh:

Unless they were seriously good cigars, I honestly wouldn't bother. Crumbled dry tobacco makes a fine fertilizer!

~Boar

Neglected humidors . . . only fauxhibas bring more noobs to cigar forums for the first time! :laugh:

Unless they were seriously good cigars, I honestly wouldn't bother. Crumbled dry tobacco makes a fine fertilizer!

~Boar

A few of them were some that I really liked or thought I would. Most I wouldn't really lose sleep over tossing though.

Mulch them up and bury the flakes in your garden. Seconded on naming the ones you really liked.

What are the ones that you really 'like'?

Leon Jimennes 300 (one of my favorites)
Montecristo white no2

and a couple that I really wanted to try like
H upman camaroon
Macanudo Gold
CAO Gold

The rest I am not too worried about

Out of curiosity, how?

The culmination of a few things. I ran out of distilled water and kept forgetting to pick some up while at the store. I pretty much stopped smoking because I got really busy and just didn't have time to sit outside and kill an hour or two and I started smoking cigarettes again. Also the humi got burried under a bunch of crap in the basement.

Pretty much just stuff that I should the ashamed of.

What are the ones that you really 'like'?

Leon Jimennes 300 (one of my favorites)
Montecristo white no2

and a couple that I really wanted to try like
H upman camaroon
Macanudo Gold
CAO Gold

The rest I am not too worried about

Out of curiosity, how?

The culmination of a few things. I ran out of distilled water and kept forgetting to pick some up while at the store. I pretty much stopped smoking because I got really busy and just didn't have time to sit outside and kill an hour or two and I started smoking cigarettes again. Also the humi got burried under a bunch of crap in the basement.

Pretty much just stuff that I should the ashamed of.

If you hang around here for any appreciable amount of time, you'll look back on that list and wondered how in the hell could I have thought those were good cigars. Shit can 'em son. They weren't worth a damn to begin with. Just my opinion, of course and you shouldn't take it personally.

Doc.

If you hang around here for any appreciable amount of time, you'll look back on that list and wondered how in the hell could I have thought those were good cigars. Shit can 'em son. They weren't worth a damn to begin with. Just my opinion, of course and you shouldn't take it personally.

Doc.

Ok, fine I guess I will just toss everything and re-season the humi. I need to order some beads and a digital hygro Friday since I always meant to do that but never did. Now I need some suggestions of what I should get to make me think those weren't worth a damn. Please keep it wallet friendly though. :D

Maybe post an intro and use the search feature. You can find lots of answers like that.

Like the gang said, do your intro. We are a good bunch, have a lot of fun and know bunches of stuff (or at least, I'm impressed easily). As far as wallet friendly, that is relative to your taste buds.

But, since you were such a bad boy and screwed up; go buy a Padron '26 and smoke it the same day. That way if you die and go to heaven, you have tasted something it will take 10 years to forget.

Will be looking for your future contributions here.

Like the gang said, do your intro. We are a good bunch, have a lot of fun and know bunches of stuff (or at least, I'm impressed easily). As far as wallet friendly, that is relative to your taste buds.

But, since you were such a bad boy and screwed up; go buy a Padron '26 and smoke it the same day. That way if you die and go to heaven, you have tasted something it will take 10 years to forget.

Will be looking for your future contributions here.

The more inexpensive option would be to get a Padron 2000 (maduro). Not quite the same experience, but a damn good one.

A little advice. Buy a humidor with a curved trunk top. Way back when, people would use trunks with curved tops to prevent other luggage from being stacked on top of theirs. This may help you from burring your humidor next time. In the mean time, make the smokes into tea and drink it for punishment. :laugh: Just kidding (about the tea), better luck next time. :thumbs:

They have been tossed :(

My humi is stocked again though thanks to the newbie trade and my B&M! :D

There is no way I am letting it go to crap again now.