• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Forbidden X Lancero Journey to Chateau de la Fuente 2007

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
I would first like to start with thanking Mr. Peat for the opportunity to smoke this fantastic cigar.

I went out to dinner with a friend ;) and 30 minutes prior to smoking I had a 12oz Outback Special, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and a fully loaded baked potato, good dinner and a great conversation.

Time is now 6:01 PM PST

Appearance - Crisp looking, neatly bunched tobacco, medium brown coloring throughout, without the slightest hint of color change anywhere on the cigar.

Prelight Draw - Perfect draw after snipping off the tip. I got wonderful flavors of sweet tobacco with small hints of floral leaf hidden in the background

First draw - Subtle pepper notes coating my mouth, this is absolutely my favorite way to start a cigar.

First 1" - Small ribbons of smoke appeared from a tiny needle sized hole near the foot. All the smoke hit me with sweet spice, spice notes, and every puff was smoother than the last. Completely delicious, I wouldn't change a second of it. Crisp clean razor sharp burn. Huge volumes of smoked poured from my mouth after every draw, YUM! Cedar flavors emerge and compete with the spice, man this is a war I don't want to see end. Only 6 1/2 inches to go :(

Touch up needed about 5 minutes into the stick, probably my fault during the lighting process

First 3rd - Small pepper hints became more rich, with an earthy leaf flavor layering the smoke, followed by bits of sweet tobacco and toasted nuts. After exhaling through my nostrils I began to detect hints of dried berries, that I would say closely resembled what I'd imagine the offspring boysenberries and raspberries doing the deed would be. The razor sharp burn continued as it slowly crept up the cigar. The generous amount of smoke continued as I watch the cigar slowly turn from brown to gray as the ash made it's way up the cigar. Damn Fuente makes some amazing products.

Second 3rd - The pepper notes became more predominate, with lovely woody hints and more of the lovely berry flavors. At this point I began to heavily play the air drums as my neighbors stared attempting to figure out if I was having seizures or was actually handicapped enough to play the air drums in 100+ degree weather to songs that to them shouldn't have ever been made. (Old people, what can I say) I exhaled through my nose again and had my senses smacked by a huge rush of black pepper hints. Lips tingle with small notes of pepper stuck to them, water would waste such a flavor, so I held out as long as I could, but inevitably I needed a drink and washed away that lovely kick of flavor. I am surely savoring this cigar, sipping ever so lightly pulling every bit of flavor I can from each puff. I got up to grab the mail and had an aftertaste that you all will think I'm loco for, but it reminds of the aftertaste from fried eggs. It was good, just very unexpected, maybe the cigar is getting to me? Maybe it's the heat? I have no idea, but I know I won't be putting this down until I have charcoaled my fingers.

Final 3rd - As I continue to rock out on the air drums I remove the 2005 band and give it another deep draw as flavors of spice, wood, and dried fruit overwhelm my taste buds into a fury of delight. Now I'm sweating like a fat chick in a fire sale at the cake shop, I pick up my camera only to find it is hot enough to torch the top of creme brulee. Damn it's a bit toasty out here, but the cigar is completely worth it. This cigar has a small kick to it, even after the large steak dinner I ingested prior to smoking, I can feel a bit of buzz, that I just can't complain about. The Opus X band is ready to be removed, at this point I am completely mesmerized by the delicious smell it has, making me hungry again. Oh did I mention flies are F*CKING annoying... Anyways back to the review, this cigar is so delectable I'm afraid I may not want to put it down, I'm getting stronger tastes of dried berries, flowed by woody notes that linger in my mouth draw after draw. Oh lordy, the tingling lips have returned, at this rate I'm not sure I will get up for work in the morning, damn this thing is superb. Wrapping up, this cigar was absolutely amazing, everything I could have hoped for and more, this bad boy burned the tips of my fingers that I will surely feel in the morning.

Ending time is 7:53 PM PST

Thank you Mr. Peat for this wonderful experience, I owe you more then just one!

My music pairing for this evening

Guilt Conscience - Eminem
Neverender - Coheed and Cambria
Orion - Metallica
Ride the Lighting - Metallica
Angry Again - Megadeth
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria
Facedown - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Empty Walls - Serj Tankian
The final countdown - Europe
Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers
She hates me - Puddle of Mudd
You're Dead - Megadeth
Breathe - Nickelback
Everything Evil - Coheed and Cambria
Firefly - Breaking Benajimin

Pan1.jpg

Pan2.jpg

Pan3.jpg

Pan4.jpg

Pan5.jpg

100_2401.jpg

These wasn't from the CFCF boxes so you know. They are from the Chateau de la Fuente sets. I'm glad you enjoyed the Lancero and even a respectable nub. :thumbs:

Edited to add this particular set. http://www.prometheuskkp.com/products/ffox/cdlf2007.htm

I've only had one of the Phantom lanceros and unfortunately it was a dud, however it sounds like yours definitely wasn't. Excellent review!

Nice review Wkoti. I really like the description and attention to every aspect. Fantastic nub job too and it looks like the stick made you quite happy in the end.

If you are open for recs the only point of advice I would give is maybe not take pics in front of the computer. The glare is a little distracting and the backlight does not do much to see the cigar. Again just my opinion and the review is great regardless :thumbs:

Well done review young man. I looked at the photos before reading. I'm glad to see the razor sharp burn evened out for you.

Orion - Metallica
Angry Again - Megadeth
You're Dead - Megadeth
Breathe - Nickelback

*snicker*

Nice review and pics.

Orion - Metallica
Angry Again - Megadeth
You're Dead - Megadeth
Breathe - Nickelback

*snicker*

Nice review and pics.

One of these things is not like the others. Other than that song I like the playlist. One of the few Opus that has eluded me, but I'll track one down someday.

Orion - Metallica
Angry Again - Megadeth
You're Dead - Megadeth
Breathe - Nickelback

*snicker*

Nice review and pics.

One of these things is not like the others. Other than that song I like the playlist. One of the few Opus that has eluded me, but I'll track one down someday.

My Ipod was on shuffle, not a bad mix at all. I could have gotten some weird songs ahahaha :sign:

P.S. Thanks T2P for the tip on computer glare, I'll do something different next time, and smoke a little earlier so I don't have to use the flash at the end!