• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leather cigar pouch

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Anyone else have one of these? I put 2 cigars in it and went out to the bar. Went to pull one of them out and they both smelled like leather. My question is this: How can I condition it so the leather smell will go away and not rub off on the cigars? Any ideas?

Brandon

Well, that makes perfect sense. Did it effect the taste even remotely?

Wow
I hadn't thought of that and I just got one of the pouches.
I'll put a couple of yard gars in mine and see if that will season it.
Thanks for the post you saved me from ruining good smokes. :p

Bill

Wildcard said:
Well, that makes perfect sense. Did it effect the taste even remotely?
Well, I just took them out and left them out. I put them back in my cooler and they seem to be fine. I guess I could try what Bill said and put some yard gars in there and see if that helps.

I kept a couple of average smokes in mine and I store it in my humi when not in use. I know one guy that fills it with pipe tobacco for a few months before using a new one. ???

Well, my point was, I used one for a while, and it did leave a leathery scent on the cigars, but I didn't notice it effecting the taste. I asked some people at my local shop what they thought and that was their general consensus too. Also, the more you use it, the less the smell.

Heck, maybe if you stick a block of Spanish cedar in it for a good while... :p

Personally I don't like sticking cigars in my pocket in any form though, so ultimately I decided to get rid of it. I'd like to find something that has a belt clip, preferably made of hard plastic.

The leather carrier I have came with glass tubes. I do not use that carrier much, I have switch to using cedar boxes from samplers. If you still want to use your carrier pick up some glass tubes.

Wildcard said:
Personally I don't like sticking cigars in my pocket in any form though, so ultimately I decided to get rid of it. I'd like to find something that has a belt clip, preferably made of hard plastic.
You mean like this!
hav99h.jpg

Havana Pocket Humidor

Features:
-Solid ABS plastic with spring-hinged flip top.
-Built-in refillable Humidifier
-Built-in Humidity Gauge
-Built-in Spanish Cedar Strips
-Detachable Cigar Cutter (Included)
-Telescoping Design for Short or Long Cigars
-Built-in Belt Clip

Pocket humidor

JOE.M. said:
Wildcard said:
Personally I don't like sticking cigars in my pocket in any form though, so ultimately I decided to get rid of it.  I'd like to find something that has a belt clip, preferably made of hard plastic.
You mean like this!
hav99h.jpg

Havana Pocket Humidor

Features:
-Built-in Humidity Gauge
-Built-in Belt Clip

Pocket humidor
Very Cool! A couple of buddies of mine ride motorcycles and have been looking for something like this. Sounds like a cool xmas idea.

(edited in) And only $30 to boot!!

M. Gipson

Get a Griffin's Carbon Fiber case. A little spendy but there's not a better case made.

lucasbuck said:
Get a Griffin's Carbon Fiber case. A little spendy but there's not a better case made.
You can find them here among others.

SamClemmons said:
I didn't think anyone actually bought that plastic crap Joey!

NA
Don't have one myself; just put it up for those asking! My brother uses one and he says they are great, but a bit bulky. I put mine in my wife’s $1500 :angry: Purse and make her responsible for there well being when we go out.

JOE.M. said:
Wildcard said:
You mean like this!
hav99h.jpg

Havana Pocket Humidor

Features:
-Built-in Humidity Gauge
-Built-in Belt Clip

Pocket humidor
I'm sold. That'll fit nicely among my cell phone and PDA on my belt. Come to think of it, it won't take much more of this crap before my belt has more on it than Batman's. Perhaps I need to rethink this strategy.

Not sure of manufacturer but I bough mine at one of the Anheuser Busch garage sales. Three fingers works just fine and emblazoned with MICHELOB.

I have one of the Havana cases and a couple of the cutters. The case works great, but if you like large rings, it has 2 dividers in it that make that a problem. I think everything up to about a 46-48 will fit, though.
The clip is to hold the cutter. Since it's recessed, don't know if it will work on a belt; I just throw mine in my backpack when I head off to work.

BTW, the cutters themselves are the best $3.95 you'll ever spend. Simple, sharp as a razor, and if you lose it, big deal. :D