• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Rehydration?

Cigar Talk

Reaction score
I ran across a few old sticks that were kept in a drawer... They are VERY dry, but not cracked or unrolling anywhere. Is there any way to nurse them back to health? They are currently in sick bay (humidor) listed in critical condition. Is there any hope, or should they be euthanized?

I've had some dry sticks before too. I threw them in my humi for two and a half weeks. they were up to code after that. If the cigar has an oily wrapper though, you've lost some of the taste and texture. What kinds were they?

Odds are good you can re-hydrate the cigars, but odds are also good the cigars will taste like ass.

It's like putting an egg salad sandwich, leaving it in the glovebox of your car for a few weeks, then trying to bring it back to health by putting it in the refrigerator.

When the oils evaporate the taste does as well. They might be good enough to give away to some of the mooches on the golf course, most of the time they won't know the difference.

moki said:
Odds are good you can re-hydrate the cigars, but odds are also good the cigars will taste like ass.

It's like putting an egg salad sandwich, leaving it in the glovebox of your car for a few weeks, then trying to bring it back to health by putting it in the refrigerator.
Hey Moke, I would take it as a personal favor to me if you would describe in detail the "taste of ass". Having never been in a position to sample that particular flavor I'm feeling a bit... ah... sheltered.

Thanks in advance.

HNA :lookup:

SamClemmons said:
Hey Moke, I would take it as a personal favor to me if you would describe in detail the "taste of ass". Having never been in a position to sample that particular flavor I'm feeling a bit... ah... sheltered.

Thanks in advance.

Sure... tastes like broccoli

moki said:
SamClemmons said:

Thanks in advance.

Sure... tastes like broccoli
I thought it tasted like chicken...

KayakinBoy said:
I've had some dry sticks before too. I threw them in my humi for two and a half weeks. they were up to code after that. If the cigar has an oily wrapper though, you've lost some of the taste and texture. What kinds were they?
Romeo y Julieta
Onyx Reserve
a couple of Thompson house brands.

No huge loss if they are ruined, I just hate to waste them.