• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage Churchill

cvmfour

Didn't really get a lot from this smoke. Yes it had a great draw, burn, and ash; but the flavor just wasn't there. Is this the Sungrown version or maduro version?

You konw I couldn't agree with you more. I've now tried this smoke (robusto) 3 times, primarily based ont he reviews and figuring I was missing something. Flavor and complexity are just not there IMHO. Yes construction is spot on but the stick does nothing for me.

The 1990's are the Honduran broadleaf maduro and the 1992's are the Sumarta sungrown.

You're not the first person to really dislike these. On the other hand, I've found the 1990's to be one of the few NC's I actually LIKE :thumbs:

The 1992's are okay but I like the 1990's considerably more.

Don't get me wrong CC, I will try these again to see if the moon wasn't aligned right or something :D . Prolly 1 or 2 more times, if I get the same, then I'll just write off the smoke

Marito said:
You konw I couldn't agree with you more. I've now tried this smoke (robusto) 3 times, primarily based ont he reviews and figuring I was missing something. Flavor and complexity are just not there IMHO. Yes construction is spot on but the stick does nothing for me.
[snapback]148132[/snapback]​

I concur, Marito... I've had people tell me it tastes just like a PAM... I don't get that at all, though :/ Not a bad cigar by any means, but nothing I'd go out of my way to smoke.

coventrycat86 said:
You're not the first person to really dislike these. On the other hand, I've found the 1990's to be one of the few NC's I actually LIKE :thumbs:
[snapback]148215[/snapback]​

I've been keepin' a list of every NC you say you like... you ready to be scared at how long the list is, my liberal friend? :)

Just jump in one of these blue collar passes, CC :) :) :) No invite required. :) That'll do it.

I'm gonna start a new pass:

"The CP Gas Station Cigar Pass"
cig7.gif

Cigars:
Winchester A&C Corona Light
Garcia y Vega Gran Premios
Phillies Sweet Blunt
Backwoods Smokes
Captain Black Original
White Owl Minatures
Munniemaker Longs
Judges Cave Dark
Summerdale
Topper
Santa Fe Chiefs Upright
A&C Grenadier Corona Dark
Dutch Masters Panatela
Swisher Sweets Cinnamon Blunt
Muriel
Ben Franklin Perfecto

WHO'S IN

If you agree to be in this pass, you must insure the box for $5.00 ;)

coventrycat86 said:
The 1990's are the Honduran broadleaf maduro and the 1992's are the Sumarta sungrown.

The 1992's are okay but I like the 1990's considerably more.
[snapback]148215[/snapback]​

That's funny, I like the 1992 a lot more.

We actually had a Rocky Patel event yesterday at our shop. Rocky was very personable. Seemed like a really cool guy. I tried the new Sungrown. It was good not great. I got a new Rocky Patel Edge for buying three sticks. Apparently that are some serious ass kicking cigars. I think I'll wait thank you very much. The 92 is still my favorite.

I just got a 1990 in a pass a few days ago. Can't say if I like the 1992 better or not since I haven't had one but the 1990 was pretty good.

have had multiples of both the 1992 ("Aged Ten Years") are far superior to the 1990 ("Aged Twelve Years")!!! :D :laugh:

I'm in on the pass too CC!!

I will join CC! I have been wanting to try a Muniemaker and a Topper for some time now. Those 2 get the highest ratings of NC machine mades out there!

-Matt-

(yes I do realize you were kidding.)

coventrycat86 said:
I'm gonna start a new pass:

"The CP Gas Station Cigar Pass"
cig7.gif

Cigars:
Winchester A&C Corona Light
Garcia y Vega Gran Premios
Phillies Sweet Blunt
Backwoods Smokes
Captain Black Original
White Owl Minatures
Munniemaker Longs
Judges Cave Dark
Summerdale
Topper
Santa Fe Chiefs Upright
A&C Grenadier Corona Dark
Dutch Masters Panatela
Swisher Sweets Cinnamon Blunt
Muriel
Ben Franklin Perfecto

WHO'S IN

If you agree to be in this pass, you must insure the box for $5.00 ;)
[snapback]149785[/snapback]​

cvmfour said:
Is this the Sungrown version or maduro version?
[snapback]148099[/snapback]​

By the way, only you can answer that question.
The sungrown has a red band and says sungrown on it.

ricmac25 said:
cvmfour said:
Is this the Sungrown version or maduro version?
[snapback]148099[/snapback]​

By the way, only you can answer that question.
The sungrown has a red band and says sungrown on it.
[snapback]149906[/snapback]​

:whistling: Like stealing candy from a baby huh Ric? Not really a RP whore so I wouldn't know ;)

Smokin' cigars doesn't seem to have hurt her lungs. :blush:

I've had a chance to sample a couple of the RP 1990's and just haven't found them to be very good smokes. One I had (smaller ring gauge, shorter, and box pressed if I recall correctly) that was pretty well plugged. I had a larger RP that drew okay, but the flavor profile just wasn't very tasty at all. It had a little bit of punch, but the flavor was just ho-hum.

Okay, then, Mojo, we'll scratch that one from the pass. Gotta find something else now.