• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie D no.4

Strayvector

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like
Reaction score
Ordered a box of these a couple of weeks ago and received them last Monday. I couldn't wait to let them rest a couple of days in the humi and grabbed one to smoke right away. Wow, the flavor is just amazing. Still my favorite young smokes (box is from 05), flavor was all there (medium to full bodied, spicy with hints of leather, chocolate and coffee). Plenty of the Partagas flavor, but I should have let them rest in the humidor. The first burned very uneven and had to correct it twice. The second, I smoked on Tuesday morning (patience and the serie D does not mix for me) and the burn was a little better and I only had to correct it once. Since then, the rest of the smokes have been stupendous. Draw has been perfect every single time, even burn, and wonderful flavors for a young smoke. Now, I'm down to 10 sticks and time to order another box.

For all you smokers our there that do not have the patience to age your cigars, then you need these in your humidor at all times. I have a box of these from 04 aging in the coolidor along with a box of Mag 46s, RASS, VR Famosos, and Serie P no.2s, but in the desktop humi, there will always be some no.4s.

Yep....05 PSD4s are probably the best fresh cigar I've smoked this year. Who need complexity every time?

they were the #1 robustos last year 04 and i agree they earned it
had the opportunity to get and smoke the o5 serie d reserva.there were still a few boxes in the r & J factory store beautiful black box but at 480.00 a box in havana
and with only 20 sticks to a box,a little pricey for me

I'm finally in a place where I have a box with some age to smoke from and one just "gather dust" in the back of the humi waiting to become prime. I agree, these are some of the best "freshies" on the market, but with some age, they are stellar smokes.

What's the hype about? PSD4's can't really be that great....can they? I tried a Cohiba SigII for the first time recently...and I was amazed to find it kinda, well, boring. I figured that even though it wasn't a Robusto, C.Gorda, or Churchill, it shoulda been better based on all the hype posted about Cohiba.

I had been saving my pennies to get a box of the d4's, but thought that I should jump off the bandwagon and opt for something else. I dunno if that was the right thing to do or not, but that's just me.

I was in a pass that had a PSD4 in it, left it because another BOTL had his eye on it. But I did want to try it out.

I'm not poo-pooing the PSD4, I'm just not sure if it's anything more than just another ordinary cigar with a good PR Agent.

If you want to prove me wrong...addy's in my profile. I'm Not Moochin! I would P.I.B.

LMAO, not mooching :sign:

Try one for yourself before you claim:

indyrob said:
I'm not poo-pooing the PSD4, I'm just not sure if it's anything more than just another ordinary cigar with a good PR Agent.

If you want to prove me wrong...addy's in my profile. I'm Not Moochin! I would P.I.B.
[snapback]203342[/snapback]​

bfreebern said:
LMAO, not mooching :sign:

Try one for yourself before you claim:

indyrob said:

[snapback]203342[/snapback]​
[snapback]203353[/snapback]​

Seriously...

My RyJ CF against your Party D4

indyrob said:
Seriously...

My RyJ CF against your Party D4
[snapback]203361[/snapback]​

Rob, I've never been a big fan of RyJ. I'll have to pass. I'll see about getting a PSD out to you.

So I should reconsider b/c Moki likes them? :laugh:

Moki smokes those horrible hard to find Fuentes. He doesn't know crap!

:sign:

The PSD4 does seem to be the most hyped Havana out there. They have me perplexed. Very fresh they can be amazing. With lots of age also. But talk about a completely different cigar. If I blind smoked a freshie and 5 year old back to back there is no way I would think they were the same Robustos.

ok im new to isom's,that said i was gifted a psd4 the other day from a customer who said it was from a box of 04's. im itching to smoke it but my question is, is this cigar prime and ready or do i need to let it rest some more? ???