• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie D4

siriusstoogie

Bellus Filipinus Vir! :)
what I mild day and I thought what a nice way to walk the dogs around noon with nothing but a nice robusto. The D4 got the call. I was concern about the "sick" issue because this stick is only ~4-6 months old. Gladly, this wasn't.

The prelight draw was easy and cedar-ed flavored. Toasting the foot was no issue and after the first few puffs, the cigar unleashed a coffee like flavor almost like a nice espresso. The finish was a hint of spice and cedar. Half way through, the flavor change a tad to me tasting some cocoa with coffee still the prevailing flavor. the finish remain the same, the draw was smooth, the burn was even, the dogs did their business; lo and behold I was back at home--the cigar at this time was nothing but a nub and a good memory.

This is my second D4 and I remain very impress with the taste and consistency.

:) :thumbs:

Nice review SS.

Being a fan of Partagas, the PSD4 has been a dependable (but occasionally variable) friend for some time.

It's amazing how cigars can come across so differently to different people. I don't get much cocoa or coffee but I get rich earth, leather and tobacco. And pepper. Plenty of pepper. :)

Keep these reviews coming!

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Nice review SS.

It's amazing how cigars can come across so differently to different people. I don't get much cocoa or coffee but I get rich earth, leather and tobacco. And pepper. Plenty of pepper. :)

Wilkey
[snapback]279166[/snapback]​

Agreed... Never tasted cocoa or coffee on these, but by far one of my favorites.

Lkyman

I've only tried a couple of these, they were about 6 months old at the time and not enjoyable at all, very harsh taste. Now all the other partagas that I've tried had a couple yrs on them and were terrific, so I attribute my bad experience to the sick period..can never find psd4 with any age on em.

Jan Primus said:
I've only tried a couple of these, they were about 6 months old at the time and not enjoyable at all, very harsh taste. Now all the other partagas that I've tried had a couple yrs on them and were terrific, so I attribute my bad experience to the sick period..can never find psd4 with any age on em.
[snapback]279388[/snapback]​

Finding the PSD4's with age on them is really tough. I've been looking forever. I tend to just buy youngish boxes (or splits, thereof, more accurately, usually), and replace the oldest as they get smoked. I haven't been doing it long enough to have any with any real age on them, but my oldest are about 18 months I think, and are smoking great. PS2's are tough to find with age as well, but I think they smoke better young than the PSD4's.

smokelaw1 said:
Jan Primus said:
[snapback]279388[/snapback]​

Finding the PSD4's with age on them is really tough. I've been looking forever. I tend to just buy youngish boxes (or splits, thereof, more accurately, usually), and replace the oldest as they get smoked. I haven't been doing it long enough to have any with any real age on them, but my oldest are about 18 months I think, and are smoking great. PS2's are tough to find with age as well, but I think they smoke better young than the PSD4's.
[snapback]281394[/snapback]​

Yep, finding PSD4s with age is very difficult. Fact is, finding any robusto (exceptions being ERDM CS and SLR Regios) with much age is hard. Has to do with the popularity of the size, I think. As for the PSP2s, impossible to find aged cigars...they were only released last year. Oldest you'll find is less than a year old.

cigardawg said:
Yep, finding PSD4s with age is very difficult. Fact is, finding any robusto (exceptions being ERDM CS and SLR Regios) with much age is hard. Has to do with the popularity of the size, I think. As for the PSP2s, impossible to find aged cigars...they were only released last year. Oldest you'll find is less than a year old.
[snapback]281501[/snapback]​

Kinda figured that was the case for the robustos.
The PSP2's complete lack of any older boxes makes a lot more sense now!!!! Not available at any price...had me a little confused, actually!

The D4 should be an old stand by in everyones humidor. I enjoy them quite a bit. But I do notice a difference in flavor from box to box. Also some smoke in about 45 min and some smoke in about 1 1/2 hrs. One thing though, I do not think I have ever had a bad one. As Ginsing said, they are dependable but occasionally variable.

thanks for the review... i've had a few great ones (great body and creamy) and, unfortunately, a few in their 'sick' period.

great review...

Back