• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Every day smoke suggestions

SeanDamnit

I'm still pretty new to the cigar world, and for the most part my experiences have been randomly bought cigars from impulse or for special occasions over the last few years. I'd like to develop my tastes and get into this hobby a little more, so I ordered my first desktop humidor - that should be here any day.

For the most part, I've been sampling whatever I feel like grabbing at the local tobbaconist, as that's been the advice I've been given so far. Local shops are pretty expensive compared to online, so I ordered a 'Esteli, Nicaragua Staff Favorites Sampler' deal from cigar.com. I'll see how that goes.

Anyway, to my question: I'd like to know if anyone out there knows of any good bang-for-the-buck type deals. I feel that I'm spending too much on cigars that I'm not developed enough to enjoy fully, so I'd like to build my tastes with a more every-day kind of smoke.

Any suggestions?

Rocky Patel Factory Select Sungrowns only available at Famous cigars.

Doc.

I'm still pretty new to the cigar world, and for the most part my experiences have been randomly bought cigars from impulse or for special occasions over the last few years. I'd like to develop my tastes and get into this hobby a little more, so I ordered my first desktop humidor - that should be here any day.

For the most part, I've been sampling whatever I feel like grabbing at the local tobbaconist, as that's been the advice I've been given so far. Local shops are pretty expensive compared to online, so I ordered a 'Esteli, Nicaragua Staff Favorites Sampler' deal from cigar.com. I'll see how that goes.

Anyway, to my question: I'd like to know if anyone out there knows of any good bang-for-the-buck type deals. I feel that I'm spending too much on cigars that I'm not developed enough to enjoy fully, so I'd like to build my tastes with a more every-day kind of smoke.

Any suggestions?

Look at their prices on Anejos...tell me if that's cheaper than B&M's, or three times the price found in the Opus/ Anejo thread. :laugh:

Now on the real topic. As far as a cheap daily smoke, many people have the same tastes for. Here are a couple selections around $5

Padron 2000
5 Vegas Miami Gold
Vega Fina
La Aroma de Cuba
RP Edge
Perdomo Lot 23

To name a few. :blush:

Padron 2000
DPG Black Perlas
RP Factory Selects

Link

Some great suggestions in this thread. There are quite a few options in the $3-$5 range that won't disappoint.

Any suggestions?

Look at their prices on Anejos...tell me if that's cheaper than B&M's, or three times the price found in the Opus/ Anejo thread. :laugh:

Now on the real topic. As far as a cheap daily smoke, many people have the same tastes for. Here are a couple selections around $5

Padron 2000
5 Vegas Miami Gold
Vega Fina
La Aroma de Cuba
RP Edge
Perdomo Lot 23

To name a few. :blush:

Yeah, I'm still learning prices. The only cigar shop that I was familiar with up until recently is outrageously expensive - something I didn't realize until I saw the much cheaper prices on cigar.com (the first and only cigar retailer I've visited). I thought $10 a stick was a low to average price until I started looking online!

If cigar.com is considered expensive, then that is a blessing for me! Any suggestions of online retailers with a more average pricing?

The Padron 2000s are worth every bit of the $2-3 price tag...especially the Maduros.

Also a fan of:
5 Vegas
Rocky Patel
Romeo y Julietta
Carlos Torano

I thought the Flor de Oliva was fine and have heard good things about Consuegra, but have no personal experience on the matter.

If you want to venture into maduros
The Sancho Panza Double maduro is under $2 each if you look around a bit and buy a whole box.
also Gispert Maduro...
The Regular Padron line is fairly low priced.
Allot of fair Bundles around as well.

Matt

If cigar.com is considered expensive, then that is a blessing for me! Any suggestions of online retailers with a more average pricing?

I think there may be a better list in some other thread, but some common ones:

cigarinternational.com - (joecigar.com different deal everyday, if you buy it your whole cigarinternational order is free shipping)
jrcigars.com
famous-smoke.com (cigarmonster.com same thing as the joe deal above except with famous)

and cigarbid.com, run by CI (cigarinternational) and you can find good deals

I've only dealt with CI and CBid, and both were great.

My favs for under $4 are...

RP Sungrown factory selects (as been mentioned already...)
Tatuaje P Series (a blend of both long and medium filler)
Oliva Serie G (hit and miss, but all in all a good cheap smoke)
Padron X000 (I smoke both natural and maduro, depending on my mood)

Might not hurt to look at some online retailors other than cigar.com, as they can be pricey. I know cigarsinternational.com runs some pretty sick "one day deals"...

mac

Padron 2000's for sure.

I recently got exposed to JR Alternates from JRcigars.com. I was impressed with the "JRMAL".

Don't know your budget or your ring gauge preference, but the Oliva Serie V lanceros are fast becoming my daily smoke. At $5 bucks or so a stick (probably cheaper by the box), they are worth every penny.

For my birthday a month or so ago I did my usual grab-a-bunch-of-random-cigars from that local shop and shared them with my wife. This time I saved the labels as I always forgot to previously and was having difficulty remembering what I liked. I remember that one cigar really stood out - I don't think I've really developed my taste sense yet, but first thing I thought was 'spicy' - I finally looked at the label today to see what it was; it was a Padron. I unfortunately don't know what specific type of Padron it was, but it had a typical size and shape and medium-dark-brown wrapper.

Anyway, it's refreshing to see that it is recommended a lot in this thread...and it's refreshing to see it significantly cheaper online than at the shop.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet, but if you are wanting to sample some good quality cigars from some guys who will set you on the right path, you might want to consider the Newbie Trade Sampler. Go check it out HERE!

The Indian Tabac (made by Rocky Patel) Super Fuerte is a great inexpensive cigar.

Just tried out a Padron 3000 thanks to this thread from a friend of mine who had one with a few months age on it... It was absolutely amazing for a 5$ smoke. Bought a bunch recently.