• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje RC184

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Tatuaje RC184
Size: 7 1/4 x 57 rg Perfecto
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Medium

Just for Tom, here is my initial review notes of this cigar:

- 1st third tasted like sifted flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt with a hint of yeast

- 2nd third tasted like cinnamon, cloves, raisins, and pumpkin

- Final third tasted like milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and a hint of star anise

Overall, this cigar reminded me of a loaf of freshly baked spiced pumpkin loaf with dual chocolates in it.

I snagged this cigar when I discovered a shop a couple months ago that had some harder to find Tatuajes. These were made in a "Retro Cuban" style that features a foil wrapped end that changes the way the tobacco ages, supposedly causing it to start off strong, and finish mild. The "RC" in the name is an abbreviation for "Retro Cuban", and the 184 is the length in millimeters.

Pre-Light

The construction of this cigar is quite impeccable, with a soft, smooth wrapper that reminds me of a light milk chocolate in color. The aroma of it is a rich, delicious sweet tobacco scent. I could actually see the difference in the two sides of the cigar, as the foil wrapped side had more oils to the wrapper than the non-wrapped one. The weight was good in the hand, with a solid overall feel to the cigar when squeezed.

Draw & Burn

On clipping the tapered head of the cigar, I found the draw to have the perfect amount of resistance. On reaching the halfway point where the foil first started the draw actually tightened up, which I suspect may be a result of the tobacco perhaps being more wet. The burn was a bit of a mess at first, which I can only attribute to the heavy winds outside, but after a bit of correction through the first two inches, it settled in to a good sharp burn that revealed a solid, light gray ash that held strong until let go every inch.

Flavor Profile

The pre-light draw was very mild, with a slight woodiness to it that was pleasant, but otherwise simple. I was actually a bit surprised at the mildness of the cigar when I finally fired it up, being a creamy array of fruit, sweet tobacco, leather, woodiness, and baked bread. This stayed consistent throughout the length of the cigar, not changing when reaching the halfway point as I had thought it would. Despite that, the flavors were excellent, with a good, delicious finish that lasted long on the palate.

Overall Impression

I enjoyed this cigar greatly in that it was a good, medium bodied, mellow flavored smoke that paired well with the hefeweizen I coupled with it. I did expect the cigar to start off stronger, and was rather surprised at the lack of spice to the flavors both in nose and mouth, but I won't dock too many points because of that.

DSC_2218.jpg

DSC_2220.jpg

DSC_2219.jpg

DSC_2225.jpg

DSC_2234.jpg

Wow... incredible review. Sounds like the perfect cigar for this time of year. :thumbs:

Very good review of one of my favorite Tatuajes.

Everyone should keep a couple in the humidor.

Great Cigar,

One of my fav asskickers! Strong but great flavor. Thanks for the review, reminded me I need to get one.

I recall the last one of these I smoked really didn't hit my palate as well as most other Tats do, was a good smoke to be sure, however seems I remember it was missing something. I also remember it having a good medium to full strength. Stange this one was mild. Another excellent review Charles!

Tatuaje RC184
Size: 7 1/4 x 57 rg Perfecto
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Medium

Just for Tom, here is my initial review notes of this cigar:

- 1st third tasted like sifted flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt with a hint of yeast

- 2nd third tasted like cinnamon, cloves, raisins, and pumpkin

- Final third tasted like milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and a hint of star anise

Overall, this cigar reminded me of a loaf of freshly baked spiced pumpkin loaf with dual chocolates in it.

I snagged this cigar when I discovered a shop a couple months ago that had some harder to find Tatuajes. These were made in a "Retro Cuban" style that features a foil wrapped end that changes the way the tobacco ages, supposedly causing it to start off strong, and finish mild. The "RC" in the name is an abbreviation for "Retro Cuban", and the 184 is the length in millimeters.

Pre-Light

The construction of this cigar is quite impeccable, with a soft, smooth wrapper that reminds me of a light milk chocolate in color. The aroma of it is a rich, delicious sweet tobacco scent. I could actually see the difference in the two sides of the cigar, as the foil wrapped side had more oils to the wrapper than the non-wrapped one. The weight was good in the hand, with a solid overall feel to the cigar when squeezed.

Draw & Burn

On clipping the tapered head of the cigar, I found the draw to have the perfect amount of resistance. On reaching the halfway point where the foil first started the draw actually tightened up, which I suspect may be a result of the tobacco perhaps being more wet. The burn was a bit of a mess at first, which I can only attribute to the heavy winds outside, but after a bit of correction through the first two inches, it settled in to a good sharp burn that revealed a solid, light gray ash that held strong until let go every inch.

Flavor Profile

The pre-light draw was very mild, with a slight woodiness to it that was pleasant, but otherwise simple. I was actually a bit surprised at the mildness of the cigar when I finally fired it up, being a creamy array of fruit, sweet tobacco, leather, woodiness, and baked bread. This stayed consistent throughout the length of the cigar, not changing when reaching the halfway point as I had thought it would. Despite that, the flavors were excellent, with a good, delicious finish that lasted long on the palate.

Overall Impression

I enjoyed this cigar greatly in that it was a good, medium bodied, mellow flavored smoke that paired well with the hefeweizen I coupled with it. I did expect the cigar to start off stronger, and was rather surprised at the lack of spice to the flavors both in nose and mouth, but I won't dock too many points because of that.

DSC_2218.jpg

DSC_2220.jpg

DSC_2219.jpg

DSC_2225.jpg

DSC_2234.jpg
I hope "Tom" is Tomthirtysix" or I am really insulting someone!

Tom is gay.....nothing wrong with that
1st third; bland and uneventful.............normal
2nd third; spicy and festive................normal
3rd third; chocolate star...........not surprising

Does anyone want the three RC 184's I have in my humi?

Great review! These are one of my favorite sticks, and thanks for the lesson into the origins of its name. I did not know that :)

I hope "Tom" is Tomthirtysix" or I am really insulting someone!

Tom is gay.....nothing wrong with that
1st third; bland and uneventful.............normal
2nd third; spicy and festive................normal
3rd third; chocolate star...........not surprising

Does anyone want the three RC 184's I have in my humi?

:laugh:

Who else would "Tom" be?

Nice review. Had this last weekend and found it to be a mild smoke for a tat. Enjoyed it a lot.

I have one of these in the humidor just waiting patiently. thanks for the review.

Very nice review! I wish there were B&M's around me that had Tats... Oh well, I'll just have to keep looking.