• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well, The New Humidor Is Finally Done!

Now that is a humi, congrats on the project!! I wish the Packers the best of luck!!!!!!!

That is one classy looking piece of work.
Did you build it from ground up or is it a conversion bro, either way its one hell of a Humidor.
Good on you :D
No conversion, it was all built from lumber, every freakin' piece! I started it in November, but of course being a hobbyist it's not like I worked on it every day, there were a couple times where I didn't touch it for a week and a half, mostly a couple hours at night when I had time. As it got closer, I found myself working on it more often and for longer hours at a clip. I have a photobucket of the construction pics that can be found here.

Some examples:
GotWood.jpg

BunchaParts.jpg

DoorRailsWithPanels.jpg

DoorPanelII.jpg

MeInHumidor.jpg

CloseUpLightsFan.jpg

ShelvesLowerAngle.jpg

Absolutely wonderful! I just built a bar for my basement and stained it 4 times and thought there was absolutely no way I could physically stand to put another coat on there....I can't imagine 12 coats. Excellent work sir!

Pretty impressive there Wade.

I take me hat off to ya :D

Thanks for posting the link to the build pics, that was most interesting

Dave

Really nice work there Wade but I gotta ask................where's the clock?

:p

The cabinet is beautiful Wade, but it kind of overshadows the christmas catus. :p

The cabinet is beautiful Wade, but it kind of overshadows the christmas catus. :p
Dude, I've had that cactus for 15 years and love that thing! I know it's stupid and ugly, but it grew on me and now I just can't get rid of it, of course you can see it's in the basement as Linda doesn't quite have the same affections for it as I do.

...being a hobbyist...

That's a heck of a workshop for a "hobbyist"!!! :D

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing. Post some more pics once it's full!! (maybe one or 2 with the LED lights on too)
I am a hobbyist, but that doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to detail and make sure things are right. I've built our dinning room set, our bed and bedroom set, rocking chairs and numerous other things in the house, it's nice doing it yourself. I know the quality (which honestly you can't buy in stores) and I know how to fix a piece if something happens to it as I know how it was built, but the satisfaction comes from doing a project yourself start to finish, lumber to furniture and having it be nice.

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, I do appreciate it. As for the LED's the pics I've taken, they were on, but the flash negates them. I'd need a tripod for the camera and a longer exposure time, maybe once it's full the lights will show up better in pics lighting up boxes and such.

Wade