• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

08 Pepin Lancero

Nice...sounds excellent. I would definitely be in for 5-10 of these. I still have 2 or 3 from my 5 pack I got earlier this year and would love to compare the rework.

I have to say, I was at El Rey de Los Habanos a few weeks back, and I was talking to his daughter about the change. She just translated back what Pepin said, and basically told me the blend was spot on for the original product, but the tobacco characteristics had changed a little bit. I really couldn't follow her, as she didn't know how to explain it really well. Anyways, moral of the story (for me at least) was that I smoked an original that I brought from home, smoked a new one from his store (that I purchased), and had a "freshy" that she handed me, free of charge. Mmmmmmmm I loved them all. I'm a Pepin whore! :love: I couldn't distinguish a difference between the new rework and the original, but the "freshy" was sooo good and unique. Just wish I had more!

I have to say, I was at El Rey de Los Habanos a few weeks back, and I was talking to his daughter about the change. She just translated back what Pepin said, and basically told me the blend was spot on for the original product, but the tobacco characteristics had changed a little bit. I really couldn't follow her, as she didn't know how to explain it really well. Anyways, moral of the story (for me at least) was that I smoked an original that I brought from home, smoked a new one from his store (that I purchased), and had a "freshy" that she handed me, free of charge. Mmmmmmmm I loved them all. I'm a Pepin whore! :love: I couldn't distinguish a difference between the new rework and the original, but the "freshy" was sooo good and unique. Just wish I had more!

I'm not sure what you purchased at the factory, but I assure you it was not the cigar made for my store. Blend 1 and 2 are not even similar. If he was selling the cigar made exclusively for my store there is a huge problem. Thanks for the post.

I love all of Pepins smoke very fresh. All my storage decisions and gymnastics revolves around maintaining that profile. I love them with age as well, but fresh, that's dessert!

I'm noticing recently that I enjoy Pepin smokes fresh more than I do aged. They seem to lose alot a of their bite with even as little as 6-8 months of humidor time. At least they seem that way to me.

Just wanted to let you guys know these are in. He completely changed the cigar, it's draw and construction are much better. It is very hard to describe, It doesn't taste like anything I've had from Pepin. Spicy, but not peppery, more like a cinnamon spice with a bunch of barnyard in the back round. Reminds me of a fresh farm roll.

Yeah, what he said. As I smoked one last night, I just sort-of sat there thinking this is really good and I don't know why.