• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

'08 Smokes

dulaney22

Banned
Tell you what . . . there is a lot of talk about aging sticks and I have been fortunate enough to pick up and enjoy a few with some good age. However, I have smoked several '08's that are outstanding. As I type, I'm about halfway through a Lusi from last year and it is quite good. It's the first Lusi I've smoke and, to me, it seems like a richer version of the PSD4.

Anyway, I have been quite impressed with the Partagas offerings from last year (Lusi and PSD4), as well as most of the Bolivar line (having smoked several of the BRC, BCE and BCE). I've had a few PLPC's and Mag 46's dated early '08 that are equally impressive.

I'm not really saying anything, I guess, other than to offer that as good as these new smokes appear to be, they should be spectacular in a few years.

I have a number of 08 smokes that are great now. In particular the Cuaba line, the Exclusivos especially. My 08 Divinos seem like they would benefit from some age. Partagas Shorts from 08 are excellent! Most of the Bolivars I have from 08 are a little rough still.

I agree that the 08 PSD4's are smoking wonderful right now. I have a couple boxes from July that are fantastic right now.

I have a number of 08 smokes that are great now. In particular the Cuaba line, the Exclusivos especially. My 08 Divinos seem like they would benefit from some age. Partagas Shorts from 08 are excellent! Most of the Bolivars I have from 08 are a little rough still.

I too have tried the 08 party shorts and they are smoking really good. The 08 PL Montecarlos are pretty damn good too. I have a box of RASS from 08 but haven't tried one yet, maybe I will tonight.

Edit to add: I am smoking the 08 RASS right now and it is fantastic!

I smoked a Boli PC from a TEB ENE 08 cabinet today. I thought it was damn good. Another year or two and it should be outstanding. :thumbs:

My 08 [Cuaba] Divinos seem like they would benefit from some age.

Let me echo this and let everyone know that I won't touch the rest of my 08 Divinos anytime soon.
I have found very generally that many CCs are open for business, aside from some bitterness in the last third, within a year or two of the box code. Then, after 5-8 years and then again well past ten, smokes tend to emerge and reemerge to hit sweet spots, at least for my palate.

I too have tried the 08 party shorts and they are smoking really good. The 08 PL Montecarlos are pretty damn good too. I have a box of RASS from 08 but haven't tried one yet, maybe I will tonight.

Edit to add: I am smoking the 08 RASS right now and it is fantastic!

My 07 RAS were awesome as well. Haven't smoke my Luci 08 or 08 BGM yet, but soon.

I have been trying to keep my hands off of my box of Mag46's from July of 08... I couldn't believe how good they were.

08 is really looking like a great vintage, I think I'm going to end up buying a bunch of boxes of basics I already have, just to put them down.

The LE's were above par as well, not all of them but the Cuaba's and Monte's were way above normal par for an LE in my opinion.

Of course this year will have twice the bells and whistles for special releases, hopefully they smoke as well as this years!