• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

10 Day detox...

grateful1 said:
A few years back, I started to eat 'half' my meal. <br />Whatever it was I made or ordered out...I'd eat all the veggies and/or fruit but only half of the main item. <br />Today I find I tend to eat less at a sitting. <br />This way I still enjoy most things...and still go easy on the body...at least a little'<br /><br />Good work on trying the detox!
A few years back, I started to eat 'half' my meal. <br />Whatever it was I made or ordered out...I'd eat all the veggies and/or fruit but only half of the main item. <br />Today I find I tend to eat less at a sitting. <br />This way I still enjoy most things...and still go easy on the body...at least a little'<br /><br />Good work on trying the detox!

Portion size has alway's been my issue. I could even screw up a good salad by eating too much and adding too much dressing......working on that now, but it's tough.

I went with smaller plates for a long time (still do breakfast that way) using the bread plate instead of the dinner plate, but what I found over time is that my meals, while healthy, started to get much more "calorically dense"---things like overstuffed quesadillas, homemade pizza . . . starch/cheese dominating the veggies and clean proteins.

So I eliminated ALL the starch from breakfast and dinner, and all the cheese except for the occasional shot of grated Parmesan from dinner.  That allowed me to go up to portion sizes that let me feel "full" while eating mostly steamed and roasted veggies.  Feel 100% better and I've lost 20# since December. 

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
I went with smaller plates for a long time (still do breakfast that way) using the bread plate instead of the dinner plate, but what I found over time is that my meals, while healthy, started to get much more "calorically dense"---things like overstuffed quesadillas, homemade pizza . . . starch/cheese dominating the veggies and clean proteins.

So I eliminated ALL the starch from breakfast and dinner, and all the cheese except for the occasional shot of grated Parmesan from dinner.  That allowed me to go up to portion sizes that let me feel "full" while eating mostly steamed and roasted veggies.  Feel 100% better and I've lost 20# since December. 

~Boar

This is a great plan.....again, eating to live, not living to eat! Great job!