• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

10 year later and not forgotten

jje5090

Its hard to believe that 10 years ago our nation came under attack. May we remember the 343 firemen and the rest of the 3000 people who died this day. 10 years ago I was in 4th grade. I still remember the day like it was yesterday.

There are many of us that can recall the smallest detail of that day, where you were, who you were with, what you were wearing, so on and so on....

Along with those that we lost that day, let us not forgot all those we have lost in the 10 years following fighting to ensure it does not happen again.

Tim

You are right about it being hard to believe that 10 years have gone by. As with anyone else I can still remember watching in disbelief the coverage of the disaster on television after having worked a midnight shift.
It is important to remember this day and the sacrifices made by all the first responders (police, fire and citizens).
God Bless them, their families and the soldiers fighting for our safety and freedom today. Thanks to all!

For those of us close to Manhattan, it's a constant reminder.

There is not one time I drive on the NJ Turnpike, or any road near the Hudson, and glace over towards NYC without shaking my head when I don't see those twin towers. I remember taking my kids there for the first time and them looking straight up in amazement...they thought the buildings went into Heaven.

The folks lost in that attack and those who helped in the rescue who are still suffering to this very day...will never be forgotten...ever.

It's hard to comprehend the depth of sorrow that was born of this horrendous act; the loss of so many, the lives that were changed, and the families forever broken.

I spent a couple years commuting to NYC for work. It regularly crossed my mind that people just like me sat on that same train, maybe even in my same seat, trying to make something of themselves or a better life for their families. They went to the office that day like any other and lost their lives.

Rest In Peace, Never forget.

I had just left my Accounting class @ 9:00 am at HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY in Long Island. People were in huddled in groups crying ?? By the time I had made it across campus to the "Student Center" the 2nd plane had already crashed and everyone was staring up at the tv's. I headed to our library, which was at least 12 stories, and headed to the top floor. The scene was terrifying! NYC skyline in smoke. Watching the buildings fall is a sight forever burned in my mind. Phones didn't work, railways were closed, and bridges gridlocked. With no way of getting off the Island, I felt trapped. Emotions were so high in that place in time that I will never gorget because I simply cannot.

My heart goes out to all those that had lost a loved one, served in our military, volunteered at Ground- 0, the EMTs Firefighters Policeman and civilians that ran into help, and anyone who has been severely effected by that day.

I've been watching the progress of the 1 World Trade Center and the stories behind 9/11 leading up to this 10th year anniversary. Visiting that site and standing on hallowed ground to pay my respects is on my bucket list. May those lives lost during that day and onward rest in peace.

...and anyone who has been severely effected by that day.

In some way we were/are all severely effected by that day, and those that followed. My 4 year old daughter was not born, but she has been severely effected by that day. That day keep me away from home for her birth, keep me away from home for 3 of her first 4 birthdays, placed a hellish strain on my wife...and the list goes on.

And it was not just me, lord knows, I am not trying for a "woe is me" Every Man, Woman, and Child esp. in the US has had their life changed, even if they do not know it.

As a Nation, it a scare we all share.

“Years from now, September 11 will be yet another day on the calendar, like Pearl Harbor Day. But for those of us who lived through it, it will be a day we will never forget.”

George W. Bush

I have not watched much on that day since it happened. Not sure if I just do not want to relive it or what, but I have been watching alot this weekend and it is still just so shocking. I am so grateful for those that played a role in saving lives that day...

Modo22 I'm the opposite. I watch stuff on it all the time. Its a good training tool for firefighters. I have listened to the audio of the firemen that day. How hectic it was. I made my way to NYC a few months ago and the new tower looks awesome. I have been watching on the discovery channel about them rebuilding it. The whole ideas going into the building is cool. I can't wait to see the finished product.

May we all remember.