• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1000 POST COMPETITION!

Second guess:

Length: 18.5'
Main motor: 200HP Merc
Kicker motor: 8HP Merc

last guess

18.5'
mercury 115 hp main
mercury 9.9 kicker
Lake Powell

OK...last try:

1) 18'6" (18.5 feet)
2) 230 HP Mercury
3) 9.9 HP Honda kicker
4) Lake Powell

That is a heck of a boat! Very nice. My guesses are

1) 18' 6"
2) 175hp
3) 9.9 hp kicker
4) Lake Tahoe

Thanks for the contest!

Brandon

merc motors

second guess
1) 18' 6"
2) 175 hp merc
3) 9.9 kicker merc
4) lake powell

OK...last try:

1) 18'6" (18.5 feet)
2) 230 HP Mercury
3) 9.9 HP Honda kicker
4) Lake Powell

whoops, meant to change my cut and paste of no.3 to Mercury.

OK guys, we have a small dilemma :whistling:

I was wandering why Strayvector changed the kicker to a Honda when his other post was a Mercury. The rules state "no edits". With the edit HE IS CORRECT!
Do we give it to him OR, I will take the posts that have 3 correct and pose one easy question to arrive at the winner.

In fairness I must get a majority consensus. The guys that have three correct must make this decision by majority or we go to a playoff. Excluding this post by Strayvector, they are...

Strayvector Post #24
AVB Post #26
ThankYouForNotSmoking Post #29
LilBastage Post #34
hojadepuro Post #46

Roy R. Frush - you did not mention the make of motors - sorry!
If I missed anyone, I'm sure you will let me know :)

This competition is closed other than for the guys mentioned above.

Thanks guys.

Brian

Edit to add results...
1) 18'6" (18.5 feet)
2) 230 HP Merc Cruiser (Mercury)
3) 9.9 HP Mercury
4) Lake Powell

OK...last try:

1) 18'6" (18.5 feet)
2) 230 HP Mercury
3) 9.9 HP Honda kicker
4) Lake Powell

whoops, meant to change my cut and paste of no.3 to Mercury.

OK guys, we have a small dilemma :whistling:

I was wandering why Strayvector changed the kicker to a Honda when his other post was a Mercury. The rules state "no edits". With the edit HE IS CORRECT!
Do we give it to him OR, I will take the posts that have 3 correct and pose one easy question to arrive at the winner.

In fairness I must get a majority consensus. The guys that have three correct must make this decision by majority or we go to a playoff. Excluding this post by Strayvector, they are...

Strayvector Post #24
AVB Post #26
LilBastage Post #34
hojadepuro Post #46

If I missed anyone, I'm sure you will let me know :)

This competition is closed other than for the guys mentioned above.

Thanks guys.

Brian

KISS - send them to ME! :D

1) 18'6" (18.5 feet)
2) 230 HP Mercury
3) 9.9 HP mercurykicker
4) Lake Powell

Did I win?? :D

Send them to Stray, He was the first to get 3 anyway. <-- the poet in me. :cool:

Thanks for the contest. Nice boat by the way

Brandon

I'd just like to know what a kicker motor is :) *edit* and when do you use it instead of the trolling motor?

Check post #30 above :)

Brian

A kicker motor, is used for trolling at low speeds
<-- I saw that but you also said its a small motor on the back of the boat and not the trolling motor you see in the picture mounted on the front.

What I'd like to know (since I love boats, but have never owned one myself) is when do you use which motor.

No problem. My guesses benefitted from all the additional clues. Unfortunately, I didn't read the original questions carefully!

Thanks for the contest, and congrats to the eventual winner!

I'd just like to know what a kicker motor is :) *edit* and when do you use it instead of the trolling motor?

Check post #30 above :)

Brian

A kicker motor, is used for trolling at low speeds
<-- I saw that but you also said its a small motor on the back of the boat and not the trolling motor you see in the picture mounted on the front.

What I'd like to know (since I love boats, but have never owned one myself) is when do you use which motor.

The kicker motor, the name it is known by, is a small motor on the transom, next to your main motor that you use for trolling at low speeds. It uses very little gas so you can troll around for hours. The electric motor on the bow you use in shallow water, usually when fishing for bass in the reeds. It makes no noise and allows you to maneuver very close to the bank.

Brian

I can't tell you how to run your contest.

I would suggest you either have a play off since Strayvector would already qualify for that or split the winings. JMHO.

The rules state "no edits".

We don't have consensus!

Strayvector Post #24
AVB Post #26
LilBastage Post #34
hojadepuro Post #46

One question, closest to the number is the winner!

The picture in the first post was taken at Lake Powell, May 2006,
what date in May? ???

Brian

Gotta go with Memorial Day weekend so I'll say May 28th. Good luck to everyone else.

I am just curious how this works.

Lund website lists the 1850 Tyree as having 3 models: 2 have 200HP motor and one has 260HP

Do you have an older model that came with 230 HP at that point ?

I will go earlier in the month. How about the 15th. Thanks for the contest Brian! I don't know if my humi can handle another surprise from you! ;) :D I will hope though.

Brandon