• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

15 man College Football Pick Em(Still Looking for a few good men!)

You'll mail the sticks directly to the winners at the end of the season
I'm out then. The season is very long and history will show that we will have some drop outs who won't be around to send their sticks. I like the idea, but just don't want to participate with a "pay at the end" routine.

Let me know if you change the rules Oz.

Stinki

I would have everyone send them in, but as others have said, a lot of people might not be comfortable sending to a newb, it all depends on how everyone wants it to be.

If the noob issue and the end of season issue are both deal breakers, why not have everyone send sticks to StinkiMonki within the next two weeks or something?

I'd like to play.

I think the cigars should be sent up front.

I'd be happy to sit on them for the season.

Stinki

Do we have enough participants to make this worth while? We also need the picks in before kick-off tomorrow as there is a ranked team on tomorrow night.

Geaux Tigers

By my very quick (and quite possibly wrong) count, it looks like we've got 7 participants interested.

Maybe skipping the first week and starting with Week 2 might give a few stragglers time to join up.

OK everything sounds good. I'll get my sticks off Tuesday and here is week one. Good luck everyone.

Week 1 Games

Thursday
#23 Wake Forest vs Baylor

Saturday
Georgia Southern at #1 UGA
Youngstown St. at #2 Ohio SU
#3 USC at Virginia
Chattanooga at #4 Oklahoma
Hawaii at #5 Florida
#20 Illinois at #6 Missouri
Appalachian St at #7 LSU
Villanova at #8 WVU
#24 Alabama at #9 Clemson
ULa-Monroe at #10 Auburn
Florida Atlantic at #11 Texas
Eastern Wash at #12 Texas Tech
Akron at #13 Wisc.
Florida Int. at #14 Kansas
NAU at #15 Arizona St.
Northern Iowa at #16 BYU
#17 Virginia Tech at E. Carolina
Tenn Martin at #19 South Florida
Washington at #21 Oregon
Costal Carolina at #22 Penn St
Bowling Green at #25 Pitt

Monday
#18 Tenn at UCLA

My picks.

Wake, UGA, OSU, USC, Okla, Florida, Missouri, LSU (Geaux Tigers), WVU, Bama, Auburn, Texas, TT, Wisc, KU, ASU, BYU, VT, SF, Oregon, Penn St., Pitt and Tenn (because UCLA SUCKS).

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here, but I think it would be a lot easier to use an automated site to keep track of everything rather than having us all go through and post all our picks as Sims did above, then making someone go through and tally everything every week, not to mention the issue with including/updating point spreads, etc.

As such, and in light of our little time crunch here, I created a Yahoo College Pick 'em league.

The league name is Cigar Pass, and the Group ID number is 26844. The password is maduro

I have the point spread option enabled and the confidence ranking option disabled. That seems to make the most sense to me, but I'm willing to change it around if people prefer. Personally, I think that omitting the point spread really takes something away from it all.

I've got it set up so that the deadline is 3 PM Pacific on Fridays, so I think we'll be okay if everyone signs up and gets their picks in tonight or tomorrow by that time. We'll lose tonights game, but should be all set for everything else. Edit #2-->I just filled out my picks and tonight's game isn't even included in the Yahoo league.

Edit-->Including the thoughts I had while writing the PM I just sent.

I was making a list of participants to send the PM, the fact that we still only have 7 sort of sobered me up. That doesn't seem like very many, so if OzPod could edit the original post indicating that we would like more players, perhaps that might garner a little more interest.

Also, if we end up with just the seven of us, do we still want to do it? Would it maybe be more fun if we included the confidence ranking aspect if so?

Alright, updated.

And confidence ranking is up to everyone else as well, doesnt matter to me.

Thanks for getting the Yahoo Pick 'em set up TGM. I've made my picks. Will this always exclude the Thursday night game. This week isn't an issue but there may be important games from the Big Least, such as the WVU-Auburn game on Oct. 23.

I'll let you guys decide what "enough" participation is. Oz, if you can add a list of people in the game that may be helpful.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='716581' date='Aug 28 2008, 06:21 PM']Thanks for getting the Yahoo Pick 'em set up TGM. I've made my picks. Will this always exclude the Thursday night game. This week isn't an issue but there may be important games from the Big Least, such as the WVU-Auburn game on Oct. 23.

I'll let you guys decide what "enough" participation is. Oz, if you can add a list of people in the game that may be helpful.[/quote]

I suspect that it will always exclude Thursday games unless it groups them with the previous week. It gave me the option of having Friday at 3 PM as the deadline for picks.

I think it may end up being a moot point though. We've only got three entrants in the league right now, the rules still seem to be a bit up in the air, etc.

Well, with three people having signed up before the 3 PM Pacific deadline, I'm inclined to let this one go.

I think we didn't quite get everything nailed down well enough or soon enough to attract enough participants to make it worthwhile, so I vote that we just scrap the whole idea.

Lessons learned for next season.

I got stuck at work the last two day and I could not get onto yahoo sports from my PDA and not from my work PC either.

Would have love to get this to work, thank to all of those who were going to play and did all of the work to get the set up done for the yahoo account.
Terry

PS - USC still stinks!! Go Irish

3 people isn't enough to make a go of it and I wasn't sure if 7 was enough. This game is kinda like the Irish though, because "maybe next year" applies to both.

Geaux Tigers

Well, I guess it wont go any further then.

It was worth a valiant try guys, thanks to everyone who tried helping me with it.

We'll try again next year, in July hopefully so we can get more people.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='717168' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:40 PM']3 people isn't enough to make a go of it and I wasn't sure if 7 was enough. This game is kinda like the Irish though, because "maybe next year" applies to both.

Geaux Tigers[/quote]

oohhh.....good luck with App St today...I don't think they are as good as last year but you never know.

good luck with the QB that started on the JV at Harvard.