• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1926's

Mephiston

Went into the local TinderBox today and what did i see? 1926 #1 and they wanted
26.50 a piece. After a quick laugh i picked up a couple of decently priced cigars recieved a dirty look from the owner and walked out the door. Now if you want me to hhok you up with a great deal give me a pm.LOL :D :laugh: .
I understand these badboys are hard to find most places but come on.
A couple of friends of mine on here are former employees of said establishment(not the same location) and they never told me TB was into highway robbery. :p

I hear ya. I went to a shop the other day, owned by a guy I played high school ball with. He wasn't there but one of the salesman, was telling some guy about the padilla cigar. He said the tobacco was selected by Rocky Patel and that it was the best tobacco from all of the different companies. I almost peed myself. Then I saw the 1926 prices.

40th anniversary: $50
no.1: $30
no.2: $22
no.6: $20

I need to have a little talk with my old buddy.

I just don't understand where shops get off gouging on Padrons, they are super easy to find and you can even buy them at MSRP directly from Padron.

Mephiston said:
Went into the local TinderBox today and what did i see? 1926 #1 and they wanted
26.50 a piece. After a quick laugh i picked up a couple of decently priced cigars recieved a dirty look from the owner and walked out the door. Now if you want me to hhok you up with a great deal give me a pm.LOL :D :laugh: .
I understand these badboys are hard to find most places but come on.
A couple of friends of mine on here are former employees of said establishment(not the same location) and they never told me TB was into highway robbery. :p
[snapback]234840[/snapback]​

The MSRP on a 1926 #1 is $19.99 and then figure in Michigan's 32% Wholesale tobacco tax. :thumbs:

Ohhh ya your comment reminded me. The $20 padilla 3000 that also had a sign saying the tobacco is from cuba it is legal and has been allowed by many differant agencies into the country. Thats funny since i just finished my second article from a plantation owner about how it would be completely impossible to have tobacco that old still be good unless it was rolled quite some time ago. This has been discussed prior i know. But there has to be a lawsuit sitting somewhere in the line of BS thats being tossed out there by padilla?

MMM Ya i guess its not that far off the mark. its the first time ive seen them anywhere but my normal hangout and there usually around $20 there.Just surprised me to see the 5 to 7 dollar differance i guess.It was in Indiana by the way i was on my way to work. Not sure how much differance between IN. and MI.

The local B/M has them for $18. I was going to get one but I had my heart set on a Graycliffe Expresso, and didn't feel like buying two sticks for over $15. Next trip. :thumbs:

Krautle87 said:
The local B/M has them for $18. I was going to get one but I had my heart set on a Graycliffe Expresso, and didn't feel like buying two sticks for over $15. Next trip. :thumbs:
[snapback]234882[/snapback]​

Very good price! :thumbs:

I tried a Graycliff Expresso once because of all the hype and was very disappointed. How did you like yours?

I would love to be able to find some at MSRP, but can't find them. The TB in Memphis had them at $25+. Any suggestions?

40th Padrons that is.

Edited to be more specific.

Padron's Msrp is only a 35% mark up for the retailer. Most cigars are 50% mark up. We sell at msrp plus tob. tax. We also give a 10% box discount. Don't be so hard on the retailers some of them are doing what they can for you!

I've bought 26's off CBid for MSRP. As high as I'll bid.....but man, what a WoNdErFul cigar.....:cool:

The Master - thanks for the linkage. I will check them out.

Regards - B.B.S.

I called my local shop and priced a box of 1964 Exclusivo's and was quoted $375.00 :laugh: :0
I buy them direct from Padron for $255
Just so everyone knows, it was Mission Pipe Pleasanton Ca. and unless its some single that you can't find anywhere else I wouldn't buy from their store.

Rich

Smokyballs said:
Padron's Msrp is only a 35% mark up for the retailer. Most cigars are 50% mark up. We sell at msrp plus tob. tax. We also give a 10% box discount. Don't be so hard on the retailers some of them are doing what they can for you!
[snapback]235014[/snapback]​

this is very true :thumbs:

SOME of them!

I like almost any padron and the 64 and 26 are on the top 5 as far as favorites go. After ordering by the box on-line most of the time i guess it was just sticker shock to see the price for a single.
Now for the Padilla can anyone give me a good answer for these? why is this company allowed to falsly advertise?