• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1980's Davidoff Dom Perignon

Very nice cigar indeed. I have had my fair share of Davidoff's including the Dom perignon. In addition to your tasting notes I have experienced a considerable amount of spice with a hint of ceder. These sticks are quite fragile Lucky for you, you got a freebee. Great pics and thanks for sharing it with us.

:thumbs:

Bob

Great review.

One Question:

Why were the cigars shipped apart from and outside the box? Seems a bit odd to me. ???

- Jason

Great review.

One Question:

Why were the cigars shipped apart from and outside the box? Seems a bit odd to me. ???

- Jason
I think they're from that evil island.
Besides - its better to lose 3 of them, than all

Here's my albeit small review posted on cigartimes.net;

IMHO - the PL Monte Carlo and the Party 898 were the best of the bunch, followed by the RAG. The Romeos were very floral and very "Romeoesque." The Dom was very aged tasting and as MRN states, "...requires a delicate palate." I feel that the Dom was well past its prime and would have been outstanding in the early to mid '90's. It was at the last inch of the cigar when it revealed its true colors of a glorious past. Glad I was able to try one.

Dion

Great review.

One Question:

- Jason
I think they're from that evil island.
Besides - its better to lose 3 of them, than all

Exactly. Would not want to get a whole box of these confiscated all at once. Better to only risk 3 at a time. Do some searching and you will see how valuable these cigars can be. I would not have spent this kind of $ on just 10 cigars unless it was for a very special occasion. This was the most expensive box of cigars that I ever bought. I am just lucky I got a freebie.

This vendor will ship pre-embargo cigars in full box form but not these. Also, if the box was still sealed they might have shipped it full.