• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Cuban Davidoff

This guy has a few boxes, Sorry about that !

Wong and his son Alex, 26, are part of a small group of Hong Kong Chinese who are incredible cigar aficionados. Their collections, as well as knowledge, are second to none. Just consider the walk-in humidor of the Wong family: it's about 20 feet long by 10 feet wide with two levels, humidity- and temperature- controlled, and packed to the ceiling with boxes of Cuban Davidoffs, Cuban Dunhills, pre-Castro cigars and rare limited-edition humidors from the island. Hell, I don't think even the Davidoff or Dunhill shops in London had such a stock when their namesake Cuban cigars were freely available in the market at the beginning of the 1990s.

But the Wongs are not the only cigar connoisseurs in Hong Kong. I have also met a real estate and entertainment tycoon, Peter Lam, 47, whose nickname should be "Mr. Dunhill Cabinetta" or, better, "The 100-point smoker." He apparently has close to 100 boxes of Dunhill Cabinettas in his walk-in humidor -- not to mention hundreds of Davidoffs as well as 1492 Humidors and 30th Anniversary Humidors. He's seldom seen around town without a 100-point cigar smoldering in his fist.

This guy has a few boxes, edit

Posting of sources is not allowed here. Please edit your post.

I don't think it was posted as a source but, as a peice of literature related to this post. :sign:

Edited to say....... Nice Atuck, I think I speak for everyone when I say I had to wipe the drool off my shirt.

This guy has a few boxes, edit

Posting of sources is not allowed here. Please edit your post.

I don't think it was posted as a source but, as a peice of literature related to this post. :sign:

Edited to say....... Nice Atuck, I think I speak for everyone when I say I had to wipe the drool off my shirt.

Regardless, it was a source.

edit: and all it was, was a CA article re-posted on the source's site.

Cuban Dunhills have held up much better over the years, IMHO. I've had a number of Davidoffs, and while they are nice smokes, I think the most interesting thing about the experience is smoking a rarity.

Definetly agreed!

Can anyone beside me remember reading an article a couple of years ago in a cigar magazine about Davidoff. It was an interview with some Cuban makers where they said that as far as they are concerned it will be a cold day in hell before Davidoff gets to make any more Cuban tobacco cigars. I wonder if the story is true and if the company is presently turning out Cuban tobacco cigars. I am not sure what caused the bad will between Davidoff and the Cuban tobacco companies. ???