• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st snow fall of 2005 / 2006 season

stogieman

" Herf King "
Good morning all and the coffee is on. I woke up this morning to see the ground covered with snow and they are calling for 3". I think we will have our first snow ball fight of the season....... :D :thumbs: :p

Enjoy it! The first snowfall is always a bit magical....

SNOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

(the flurries on Thanksgiving don't count)

If I can't ski on it... it just means I need to shovel it. I hate shoveling. :angry:

2" fallen and counting.

Snowed here in PGH as well - Had a two day trip to the Niagara River planned to do some fishing - all loaded up with alcohol and cigars - guide calls just as we are pulling out - water too muddy - called off - you want to talk about watching 3 grown men cry - oh well - will watch the Steeler game instead -

I have already had to get the shovel out twice this week. :angry:

Makes for better hunting at least!

jgohlke said:
[snapback]257995[/snapback]​

The cold, the shoveling, the slipping, the sliding, the mess when it melts....magical my butt! :p

Jeffro600 said:
jgohlke said:
[snapback]257995[/snapback]​

The cold, the shoveling, the slipping, the sliding, the mess when it melts....magical my butt! :p
[snapback]258042[/snapback]​

Truer words were never typed

I absolutely love the snow. Nothing like sitting on my deck with a fire going and cigar in hand watching the snow fall. :D Of course when the cigar is done, I have to go shovel it, but oh well. :rolleyes:

We have had snow here for a week or so now. Taught my first snowboard class of the season yesterday so i guess winter is here to stay. Smoked a Gurkha legend at the top of the mountain looking over the valley into the czech republic during my break really nice.

Sounds like a great way to enjoy your snow.

I enjoy it watching the news and seeing what you guys have to deal with; plows, shoveling, icy roads, etc.

I don't miss it.

Gregor

Hey Jeff....sorry you don't find the white stuff all the exciting....I guess if my state was "WY" instead of "FL", I probably would feel the same way.... :laugh: :laugh:

I mean, when I said "magical"...I meant, I guess it is. Most of my snow knowledge is theoretical because, here it's like 72 and sunny most of the winter. Sorry, man, I don't mean to rub it in.

Winter isn't all bad, right? You get to build a snowman and then when you put his hat on, he comes to life and dances and sings. That's pretty cool!

I miss snow. Last time I saw some serious snow was in 1989 when I moved from Alaska.

jgohlke said:
I mean, when I said "magical"...I meant, I guess it is. Most of my snow knowledge is theoretical because, here it's like 72 and sunny most of the winter. Sorry, man, I don't mean to rub it in.

[snapback]258185[/snapback]​

Now you are just bragging!

Don't really have a good warm place to smoke so i have to take all the clothes i have and go out in the cold to smoke. Summoning up; I hate Snow and i hate the cold weather :angry:

i don't hate snow as much as snow hate's me, but we accomadate each other. i don't go out in it for any small reason, and it does'nt come in the house, lol! :p

We had our first snow of the season here this last week also, had about a foot of snow and high winds. Roads were closed for 2 days going toward Colorado.
I'm not sure why but icecream sales droped by about 75% this last week :(
I use to look at winter and snow alot different before we purchased a Dairy Queen.