• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2000 Hemigway Maduro Signature

FlyFish

Not much of a reveiwer but I thought I'd post this this morning.

Well, as you may have read in the Lobby a good friend of mine lost his Father, whom I would also call a friend. Last night I pulled one of my specials and raised it to him. I got a box of the hemi mad sigs in 2002 from the poster known as Blazzer when I first joined CF, and they were dated 2000.

Most of that box got traded and box passed away over time but a few remained for special occasions. Last night was one such occasion.

The wrapper aged as those do, getting toothy but not shiny black like some maduros. The cigar was firm to the grasp but the draw was just what you expect after you make the cut. Sorry, no yello cello to report, I strip most of these when I get them so it aged naked. It lit perfectly as most perfectos do and the first five draws were heaven on earth, tasting all of that concentration of wrapper tobacco. The burn on this aged beauty was so razor sharp it was a little unbelievable. Often even the best perfectos need a little tough-up as they hit full ring guage, but not this one.

I'm not versed in the naming and qualifying of flavors. All I know is that for the mood I was in, the drink it was paired with, and the length of time I had to enjoy it the cigar could not have been better. It had almost a leathery quality as I rolled the smoke in my mouth. Only getting harsh if I got too quick with it. It ended as it had started, a truely enjoyable, just strong enough but not nicotine loaded wonderful cigar. Makes me happy that I have hoarded a few of these.

As I smoked it I remembered the Doc and the memories I have. Like the winter break when I had my wisdom teeth out and he drug my Frat Bro 45 minutes to come to my house to see how I was doing.

It's nice to remember someone who has gone and not really feel sad. All of the thoughts I had made me smile.

This is why we smoke cigars my Brothers of the Leaf! To take a special moment and enhance it a little. A fine cigar requires us to slow down for an hour or so and just enjoy the moment, be it alone or with others.

Thanks for reading...

Beautifully done...and I am jealous. Hemi mads are among my favorites, and I can't imagine having any that would sit around long enough to reach their 7th birthday.

Cool...I still have a box from 2001 and now I'm itching to break it open.

Great review! :thumbs:

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduros are one of my favorite cigars and I prefer it over the other vitolas. I'm going to try and get a box when I get the chance!

Nice review. He sounds like a great guy!