• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2006 Big East Tournament

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
marchpools.jpg

Welcome to the 4th Annual MarchPools.com Big East Tournament

Pre-registration is open now for the 4th Annual MarchPools.com Big East Tournament. Those who pre-register will receive an email on Selection Sunday once the bracket is announced so they can make their picks. Please forward this email to anyone you think may be interested. I anticipate have between 40-50 entries this year. You only need to pre-register once no matter how many entries you plan on taking for the tournament.

Each entry (bracket) is $20. Entry fee must be paid and received prior to tip-off of the 1st Game on March 8th. Entries can be paid via Cash, Check, Money Order or PayPal. If your entry fee has not been received you will be removed from the pool unless you have made other arrangements with the administrator.

Click Here to Pre-register

Scoring:
You will receive points for each correct game winner you choose. The number of points will be calculated as follows:
Round 1 win - 1pts
Round 2 win - 2pts
Round 3 win - 4pts
Round 4 win - 8pts
Round 5 win - 16pts
Pick Champion - 32pts

If you get a pick correct you will also be awarded additional points equal to the winning teams Seed#.

For Example:
You pick a #1 Seed to beat a #16 Seed in Rd 1. You would receive 2pts (1pt for the Rd 1 win + 1pt for the Seed#)
You pick a #9 Seed to beat a #8 Seed in Rd 1. You would receive 10pts (1pt for the Rd 1 win + 9pts for the Seed#)
You pick an #11 Seed to beat a #4 Seed in Rd 2. You would receive 13pts (2pts for the Rd 2 win + 11pts for the Seed#)
You pick a #10 Seed to beat a #3 Seed in Rd 3. You would receive 14pts (4pts for the Rd 3 win + 10pts for the Seed#)
You pick a #11 Seed to beat a #1 Seed in Rd 4. You would receive 19pts (8pt for the Rd 4 win + 11pt for the Seed#)
You pick a #1 Seed to beat a #1 Seed in Rd 5. You would receive 17pts (16pt for the Rd 5 win + 1pt for the Seed#)

If you have any questions please contact Fast4Dr

The Big East Tournement Bracket will be posted later this evening

Sounds like fun, but after that drubbing by Depaul and losing against Villanova today, my Orange have taken a little bit of the excitement out of my tank. Now, if only we can beat Cincy on Wednesday, we'll be back in the mix.

The bracket is now up. All picks must be in no later than 12pm ET on Wednesday March 8th, 2006

Looks like I'll have over 50 entries this year. Winner's take should be around $750

Get in while you still can :)

Already have 52 entries. I'm now expecting 60-70. Still about 22 hours left to enter

well - if that 1st game is any indication - I will be pulling out what little hair I have - :laugh:

How 'bout those Orange!!!! :thumbs:

Although I think we'll come up a bit short tomorrow against the best team in the land, at least my boys put themselves squarely back into the NCAA Tourney bubble. :)

orangeman - I watched the game - if they play like that tomorrow, they will lose by 30 - I think they had 20+ turnovers - very sloppy game - neither team deserved to win IMO -

orangeman - owe you an apology - I was shocked to see the orange win - Are you the one that won all the money - If not, I am sure you are kicking yourself - Don't feel bad - I have a son at PITT, and I had them getting knocked out by NOVA - as I look back, pretty stupid of me not have PITT -