• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2007 Summer Cigar Draft Numero Dos

OK time for my .02...

I will try to make this short and sweet, as I think this has already been settled. I stated in the original post that it should be $5-10 (with the intention of give-or-take-a-little). But as our wise professor has stated it (of which I totally agree) It might read for future reference "a minimum of $5" but IMO it must also state that the normal range is to be set as well (eg. $5-10) because the purpose of a draft is that the puts and takes are similar in terms of value, and a person reasonalby expects to take the same value as what they put.

It also must be understood, that IF someone wants to put a stick in that is higher in value, than it is assumed that it is a generous offer, and nothing else. The intention must not be to "bump"up the drafts' stick value, nor must the person expect to take a stick in the same value range.

I have decided to leave my puts as they are. I want everyone to know that I completely do not expect to get a like value back. It also was not my intention to increase the value or, make anyone Else's puts seem inadequate.
With recent events in my life taking a huge turn for the better...... I was in a good mood merely "Feeling The Love" wanting to be generous and, let everyone know about it. Whoever takes my puts, I don't care if you put all minimums in, I want you to enjoy. :thumbs:

Thanks to all for keeping it constructive!

Sounds very good to me.

:thumbs: to Tim, John, Phil, and Matt. You guys rock!

Wilkey

OK time for my .02...

I will try to make this short and sweet, as I think this has already been settled. I stated in the original post that it should be $5-10 (with the intention of give-or-take-a-little). But as our wise professor has stated it (of which I totally agree) It might read for future reference "a minimum of $5" but IMO it must also state that the normal range is to be set as well (eg. $5-10) because the purpose of a draft is that the puts and takes are similar in terms of value, and a person reasonalby expects to take the same value as what they put.

It also must be understood, that IF someone wants to put a stick in that is higher in value, than it is assumed that it is a generous offer, and nothing else. The intention must not be to "bump"up the drafts' stick value, nor must the person expect to take a stick in the same value range.

x2 on what he said. Next!

FYI -- Just a reminder, that you guys have until midnight tomorrow night to post your Put's.

It's interesting to see how Draft Numero Dos has quickly turned into the mongrel pygmy cousin to the brilliant and efficient Draft Numero Uno. :laugh:

While all you ladies were bitching about the price of puts, 10 out of 12 members of Draft Numero Uno listed their proposed cigars. :whistling:

Here’s my thoughts on the subject at hand, which seems to be beaten to death at this point.

Capping the cigars at $5-$10 is a good thing for several reasons, most were outlined above. What wasn’t really discussed is the fact that having a price cap forces participants to be as creative as possible when selecting quality sticks in the $5-$10 range.

Everyone who has entered this draft has shown that they are generous and have access to expensive sticks and are willing to share them. This is a very good problem to have, as opposed to people putting in lower quality sticks into the draft. But price doesn’t always reflect quality.

I believe that there’s a wonderful list of quality cigars in the $5-$10 price range, but you have to be creative about choosing them. It’s much easier to grab a $20 cigar and put it in the draft because they are, generally speaking, of a higher level of quality than most $5-$10 cigars. But, there are some cigars which fall into the $5-$10 range that match and even out shine the quality of some $20 cigars.

Be as creative and as thoughtful as you can be. One thing I really enjoyed about the first draft was all the new cigars I got to try in the $5-$10 range that I didn’t pay attention to before.

BTW, Draft Numero Uno is going to kick your ass. :D

IMHO, I think those of us listing our puts know exactly what they retail for and also know that not everyone in the draft is going to put the same kind of cigars in that maybe someone else has. As long as the person who makes the gracious puts knows this, I don't understand the problem with it. This is something where we get to share certain smoke with guys that may not have access to or have tried yet, so if someone is being overly generous with their puts, and doesn't mind doing it (obviously not since they've been listed), I don't understand what the fuss is about. I for one know that John isn't the type of person to make his puts just to "outdo " someone else, he's a truly generous BotL as many of you already know. This should be a moot point and if someone wants to go above and beyond the normal adds, then so beit. Isn't the purpose of the draft to be able to get a cigar available to you that you may really want, or really want to try, but may not have access to? Let's stop questioning the puts unless it's a $2 yard gar. If someone wants to add a $25 dollar cigar to add to the quality of the draft, applaud the person, don't question him. JMO though.

BTW, I haven't seen a $5 cigar listed yet in this draft , it seems everyone is being quite generous with their puts.

My apologies guys.....should have just kept my mouth shut and gone with the flow. This is Tim's draft and I had no right making the statement that I did.

In my opinion, it is constructive, thought provoking conversations like this that turn newbs into Fogs or distant memories. It doesn't really matter how it turns out, the lessons are in the discussion (for those of us in it and those reading it).

It's interesting to see how Draft Numero Dos has quickly turned into the mongrel pygmy cousin to the brilliant and efficient Draft Numero Uno. :laugh:

While all you ladies were bitching about the price of puts, 10 out of 12 members of Draft Numero Uno listed their proposed cigars. :whistling:

Here’s my thoughts on the subject at hand, which seems to be beaten to death at this point.

Capping the cigars at $5-$10 is a good thing for several reasons, most were outlined above. What wasn’t really discussed is the fact that having a price cap forces participants to be as creative as possible when selecting quality sticks in the $5-$10 range.

Everyone who has entered this draft has shown that they are generous and have access to expensive sticks and are willing to share them. This is a very good problem to have, as opposed to people putting in lower quality sticks into the draft. But price doesn’t always reflect quality.

I believe that there’s a wonderful list of quality cigars in the $5-$10 price range, but you have to be creative about choosing them. It’s much easier to grab a $20 cigar and put it in the draft because they are, generally speaking, of a higher level of quality than most $5-$10 cigars. But, there are some cigars which fall into the $5-$10 range that match and even out shine the quality of some $20 cigars.

Be as creative and as thoughtful as you can be. One thing I really enjoyed about the first draft was all the new cigars I got to try in the $5-$10 range that I didn’t pay attention to before.

BTW, Draft Numero Uno is going to kick your ass. :D
Marc,

You're so damned wise you make me wanna puke! :laugh: :p ;)

But I have to admit, you've presented an excellent and worthy perspective on this. :thumbs:

And yeah, DOS is gonna do-si-do to the finish line and wave back to all y'all when we're there.

Wilkey

Alrighty boys and girls, here are my PUTs.

Left to right:
1. Padron Serie 1926 No. 9, natural
2. Arturo Fuente Añejo Reserva Xtra Viejo No. 49
3. Hoyo de Monterrey Churchill, 2005
4. Cohiba Pirámides 2006 EL, ROA OCT06
5. Montecristo Petit Edmundo, TBS OCT06
*mystery stick*
CigarDraft2007PUTs.jpg

And for the "first draft to finish" prize, I'll be sending a cool dozen of these Padron 2000, maduros to tkoepp to include with the draft picks of all the players of either Uno or Dos Draft. These cigars have rested untouched in a coolerdor since I bought them in the winter of 2005.
CigarDraft2007Bonus01.jpg

Here is a close up of the QC/production slip. The box date was September 19th, 2005. That gives these babies 21 months of slumber. Yeah, I think they're ready to rumble.
CigarDraft2007Bonus02.jpg

Thanks to Tim and Phil for hosting this draft!

Wilkey

You guys are putting some awesome sticks, way to go! Thank you Wilkey for yet another display of generosity, may the best draft (Dos) win! And if you guys can't find something you want to smoke in here yet... you probably don't actually smoke cigars

Doh! ??? Sorry crew! :( Better find a replacement for me as I am on a bid'ness trip and not due to return until Friday morning. If I can can be granted until then...good to go. :thumbs: Please advise.....

Charlie

FYI -- Just a reminder, that you guys have until midnight tomorrow night to post your Put's.

Ok Brothers sorry for slacking, been busy with finals and work. :blush:

Now on to the important business here are my puts in no particular order:

1) Fuente Fuente Opus X Robusto
2) Padilla Miami 8/11 Torpedo
3) Don Pepin Black Label Cuban Classic 1970 Belicoso
4) Padron 1964 Aniversario Imperial Maduro
5) Ashton VSG Wizard

? Da Mystery Smoke ? ??? :whistling:

I would like to thank Tim for all of his generosity in allowing me to participate. Phil for running the winning 2007 Summer Cigar Draft, Draft Numero Dos. :laugh: Wilkey for putting together such a great prize. Finally all of the Brothers taking in part in this great event, it is my pleasure to be part of this with all of you. :thumbs:

I am willing to extend the deadline for posting puts 48 hours until Friday, as they due dae for receipt of the sticks isn't for a couple of weeks and we have yet to have any stick vetoes. But please everyone make sure your sticks are mailed out in a timely matter so the actual draft portion of this exercise doesn't get held up.

Another slacker checking in.

Me puts:

1. Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas 07
2. Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No. 1 05
3. Punch Black Prince 00
4. La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Oscuro Natural Lancero
5. Litto Gomez Small Batch No. 1

Mystery stick** ???

Anejo Shark (05 i think)
Lito Gomez Small Batch #1
Forbidden X Lancero
Trinidad Robusto Exta (03 or 04)
Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Robusto
mystery stick

And Yeah, i did it just to punk John :laugh: Just kidding :p

I threw in a couple HTF sticks so that someone who hasn't had the opportunity to try one will have the chance.

edit to correct :p emoticon (had to do it twice)

I'm beginning to rethink my decision to NOT play after seeing these puts guys....

As soon as Putz gets his sticks in we will be ready to go and I think you can confidently start sending your packages to Tim as soon as you like.

I'm beginning to rethink my decision to NOT play after seeing these puts guys....

As soon as Putz gets his sticks in we will be ready to go and I think you can confidently start sending your packages to Tim as soon as you like.

That's true Phil, I have the cooler up and ready...

That's true Phil, I have the cooler up and ready...
I wanna see pictures when that bad boy is full up. :D

Wilkey