• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2010 BTAC?

Any sightings of this year's BTAC releases? They've been reviewed on a couple bourbon blogs, but the local store I got my case of Stagg from last year has ordered it in every week for the last five weeks with no luck, and the new booze discounter in town hasn't had whisper one from THEIR supply chain.

Running late this year, or am I just at the end of the darn road? :sign:

~Boar

I remember it being around mid November last year till stores got these. Most people that got it early last year lived close to Kentucky. Takes a while to get through distribution and to TX stores.

I've chased these the past 2 years but I haven't even paid attention this year. I may get a bottle of Weller and Stagg this year but I'm not in a hurry to do so.

Yep. I had a few glasses (ok, more than a few glasses) of the Weller a week ago. If Weller's out, it stands to reason the others are out as well.

Nothing seen in PA, NJ or MD AFAIK. I'm looking too.

Nothing seen in PA, NJ or MD AFAIK. I'm looking too.

Add NH to that list. I spoke to a Distribution Manager 2 weeks ago and they said they were expecting it the first week of Nov. I spoke to them on Monday and they haven't heard anything yet. I hope there are no issues / major delays with distribution.

Just got a phone call from my local store . . . they got in ONE bottle of Stagg.

And they're holding it for me. :cool:

It's a start. :D

~Boar

It has landed here in MD. I picked up a case of Stagg, Weller, and ER. My buddy will be getting a bottle of each from me. They got a pretty big shipment in. They also got alot of PVW stuff in too.

It has landed here in MD. I picked up a case of Stagg, Weller, and ER. My buddy will be getting a bottle of each from me. They got a pretty big shipment in. They also got alot of PVW stuff in too.

From the place that I ran into you?

Nope they do have some but only a limited amount. I would check out Wine World in Abingdon. It is just a bit farther up the road but I think you would be pleased. I wouldn't however wait too long as these things tend to sell quickly.

Nope they do have some but only a limited amount. I would check out Wine World in Abingdon. It is just a bit farther up the road but I think you would be pleased. I wouldn't however wait too long as these things tend to sell quickly.

Thank you, kindly. I was able to secure a bottle of Stagg at Midway, however I'll check out Wine World as well.

Wine World had about 7 sets after I went through at noon yesterday. Pappy 12, 15 and I saw 23 too but didn't see any 20. I wasn't really looking for it though either.

Picked up a bottle of Weller at my local...they were out of Stagg. :(

I may try to get a Stagg at another store in the next few weeks.

Wine World had about 7 sets after I went through at noon yesterday. Pappy 12, 15 and I saw 23 too but didn't see any 20. I wasn't really looking for it though either.

Oh YOU were the person they were talking about. :p They said two guys came in over the last few days and bought a decent amount.

I think the 20 was behind the counter as well.

I Plead the 5th. :blush:

Looks like they all hit the same time this year. The BTAC hit the shelves of the NHSL today looks like the state received 72-75 bottles of each bourbon. I went and picked up a box (3) of Stagg and Weller today.

If anyone has access to PVW15 and can't get the GTS or WLW and wants to discuss a swap let me know. I would be willing to sacrifice 1 bottle of each. Unfortunately, I have to go out of state for the PVW products.

Happy day though can't wait to go home and crack these bad boys open and compare to previous releases. :thumbs:

Below is a description of the 2010 BTAC from the Buffalo Trace web site:

FRANKFORT, FRANKLIN COUNTY, KY (October 5, 2010) Whiskey lovers rejoice! Buffalo Trace Distillery is releasing its 2010 Antique Collection. The much-anticipated collection will once again feature five limited-release whiskeys of various ages, recipes and proofs. Here is what ardent fans can expect:

Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old

The 2009 release was named in Jim Murray's Whisky Bible the "World Whisky of the Year," making it the best whisky on the earth. The 2010 release is comprised of whiskey that has been aged on the first floor of Warehouse K. The first floor enables the barrels to age slowly and gracefully. This vintage has a crisp spice, minty sweetness and pleasant oakiness.

Eagle Rare 17 Year Old

The previous edition of this bourbon was honored with a 96 rating by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. The 2010 edition was distilled in the spring of 1993 and has been aging in Warehouses C, H, I, K and Q. With 17 years of aging under its belt, it brings to the table notes of leather, vanilla and tobacco.

George T. Stagg

The perennial favorite and last year's winner of the "Bourbon of the Year" award by Jim Murray in his Whisky Bible, the 2010 George T. Stagg was found in Warehouses H, I, K and L. This uncut, unfiltered bourbon was distilled back in the winter of 1993 and weighs in at 143 proof—some strong stuff! This whiskey tastes of dark chocolate, vanilla and coffee.

William Larue Weller

William Larue Weller is the Antique Collection's uncut, unfiltered, wheat recipe bourbon. The 2009 edition was just named the best bourbon in the world by F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal. The 2010 offering was distilled in the summer of 1998 and aged on the fourth and ninth floors of Warehouses I and P. This William Larue Weller release registers in at 126.6 proof. It tastes of caramel corn, light toffee and pipe tobacco.

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac

Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye is an uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey. This year's Handy was distilled in the spring of 2004 and aged on the third and fourth floors of Warehouses K, M and P. It is 126.9 proof. The flavor is cinnamon and allspice, with a bold lingering finish.

The Antique Collection was introduced a decade ago and has become a cult favorite among whiskey connoisseurs. Since 2000 these whiskeys have garnered numerous awards from such notable publications as Malt Advocate Magazine and Jim Murray's Whiskey Bible.

"Last year's collection won some pretty major awards so it's somewhat intimidating to follow those whiskies," said Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley. "But we think this year's offerings are just as good, so it will be fun to see if everyone else thinks so too."

I had some 2010 Stagg and WLW, both are top notch.

Gotta Say I really liked this years Weller as Ray would say An Ace!!! :thumbs:

I had some 2010 Stagg and WLW, both are top notch.

Gotta Say I really liked this years Weller as Ray would say An Ace!!! :thumbs:

I was hesitant since it was a good 10 proof lower than last year's version but I love the Weller so I got one. I'll try to open it in the next week or so and report back on my thoughts.

Finally!!! :thumbs:

My regular source was able to get me just one more bottle of Stagg, and one of Sazerac 18 (not as good as last years, btw) but the new chain in town called last night with a full 3-case of Stagg for me . . . picked it up just now.

This year's batch is once again just superb. :love:

~Boar