• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2012 Habanos Discontinuations

Gavin

Here's a list of what they're discontinuing this year. Some surprises, some expected:
http://www.thecigarsmoker.com/blog/?p=374

It doesn't surprise me that the Trinidad Robusto Extra is getting the axe. Its overpriced, and never seemed to get good reviews, but with some age its one of my favorite smokes. I'm going to miss it.

This is a dire shame. So many great vitolas being canceled in some legendary marcas, meanwhile they continue to produce tons of crap-o-la regular production cigars and continue to release an ever increasing number of Regionals and other Limited Edition cigars outside of the EL program. Ordinarily that wouldn't be so bad, but in this case, most of this new stuff blows. Truly sad.

Bolívar Corona Extra surprises me.

I have noticed these and the Boli Corona have been "out of stock" for a while. I wonder if it was a production problem rather than a demand issue. Though with the popularity of the PC and the RC, maybe the others just don't get any love.

Bolívar Corona Extra surprises me.

I have noticed these and the Boli Corona have been "out of stock" for a while. I wonder if it was a production problem rather than a demand issue. Though with the popularity of the PC and the RC, maybe the others just don't get any love.

this deletion has been known for some time now. That's why you aren't seeing it in stock at some places. people have been snatching them up before they disappear completely.

Well buy all the Boli CE's you can afford now. When they get re-released in a few years as an RE they'll be EXPENSIVE lol.

Jason

Gotta scoop up the Trinidad Robusto Ts as well...that's becoming a priority for me.

It doesn't surprise me that the Trinidad Robusto Extra is getting the axe. Its overpriced, and never seemed to get good reviews, but with some age its one of my favorite smokes. I'm going to miss it.

+1. This is the only one on the list that I enjoyed.

Habanos SA are so diculous, they're re-diculous. I'm so tired of them moving towards LE, RE, GR cigars that are usually not as good a regular production cigars. BOOOOO...c'mon....Bolivar CE? Lunacy!

Habanos SA are so diculous, they're re-diculous. I'm so tired of them moving towards LE, RE, GR cigars that are usually not as good a regular production cigars. BOOOOO...c'mon....Bolivar CE? Lunacy!

Yeah I don't like the direction that they're moving in. This just gives you a reason to purchase a crap ton of Boli CE's to age. Get to it buddy!

I loved the Trini's Robustos, but they were just too pricey IMO. I would prefer they keep some of the classics and kill/limit the Regional/LE stuff. Oh, well!