• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2012 is coming - anyone preparing...?

I've lived out of a backpack for a total of about 4 years of my life, in the woods, all in preperation for this moment. I can make fire and can catch vermin.

Let the good times roll.

Problem now is that I have a wife to take care of, much easier to survive in the wild as one.

Are you serious? You should have your own show on Discovery.

Yeah, back when I was a little more hard core I carried 100lbs of camera equipment on one of my expeditions. I have about 150 hours of footage that I just never edited down. Someday or maybe not. That was when I had my trusty Newfoundland, Lou, the greatest dog that ever lived, He was about the size of a black bear and made plenty of people sh*t when they ran into him in the wild.

I've lived out of a backpack for a total of about 4 years of my life, in the woods, all in preperation for this moment. I can make fire and can catch vermin.

Let the good times roll.

Problem now is that I have a wife to take care of, much easier to survive in the wild as one.

Are you serious? You should have your own show on Discovery.

Yeah, back when I was a little more hard core I carried 100lbs of camera equipment on one of my expeditions. I have about 150 hours of footage that I just never edited down. Someday or maybe not. That was when I had my trusty Newfoundland, Lou, the greatest dog that ever lived, He was about the size of a black bear and made plenty of people sh*t when they ran into him in the wild.

Please get that footage loaded up to Youtube. My sister had a Newfoundland. Phenomenal Breed.
As far as roughing it, I have never reallt done so. I have tried to learn certain skills. I like your reference to catching Vermin. I don't think folks realize that in a real survival situation, most of the food you catch will be small critters. The bigger game, like boar, deer, etc, will be much harder to bag.

Kona, will be back in Dedham area soon. We could set up a 'running man' style circuit between there and Canton, last man/dog standing wins prizes and glory. Lmk

well, not 2012 per se, but just living in Alaska I'm prepared for power outages that last forever, the ever looming earthquake, the threat of a Soviet invasion (showing my age...) and what's throwing in a zombie apocolpse/2012 end of the world? I fear for the fool that attempts entry into my post-apocolyptic household! :laugh:

I'm sure I'm on a few watch lists somewhere due to the items purchased...

EVERYBODY should have at the very least a small stockpile of nonperishable food and fresh water for their families. It's just good common sense.

I don't really know anybody that lives in a rural area that isn't prepared to be "off the grid" for at least a week or two. I'm sure there are people out there who aren't prepared, but I don't socialize with irresponsible dumbasses that can't depend on themselves for at least a little while.

If this whole 2012 thing gets the idea that self reliance is paramount to personhood into some people's heads I guess we'll all be better off.

......I'm sure there are people out there who aren't prepared, but I don't socialize with irresponsible dumbasses that can't depend on themselves for at least a little while.

When things get dark, irresponsible dumbasses will get you killed. Just saying.....

Luckily, I live on the high plains where there is nairy a tree in sight. With my .300 Win Mag, I can reach out and touch the larger game from quite a distance. The family cattle are getting it first though. :cool:

Hell, that's why we have the RV with solar charging on the roof and I am keeping 6,000 + cigars. LOL

Rod, Marisa and I are camping out at your house. See you there...

Maybe I missed where leap year was brought on the scene but I am sure it was waaay after the Mayans were around.

I am sure its like June 2013 according to the Mayan calendar.

Andy - that is fine with us. We have RV parking so that won't be a problem and a pool full of lightly chlorinated water (35,000 gal to be exact). Lots of coyotes in these parts too. Heck, this whole 2012 thing might just be fun! ;)

EVERYBODY should have at the very least a small stockpile of nonperishable food and fresh water for their families. It's just good common sense.

I don't really know anybody that lives in a rural area that isn't prepared to be "off the grid" for at least a week or two. I'm sure there are people out there who aren't prepared, but I don't socialize with irresponsible dumbasses that can't depend on themselves for at least a little while.

If this whole 2012 thing gets the idea that self reliance is paramount to personhood into some people's heads I guess we'll all be better off.

For those not so smart, it's the 2012 Preppers Diet!

Maybe I missed where leap year was brought on the scene but I am sure it was waaay after the Mayans were around.

I am sure its like June 2013 according to the Mayan calendar.

So in other words 2012 has come and gone according to thur Mayan calendar.... This last solar storm a few days ago, the biggest one in awhile really was a dooozie huh?

If the Mayans were really that smart they would still be here. Just sayin....