• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3 Pricks, Giddy Asshats & a Flake pass

kiwifruit said:
2 blue hitachi magic wands, 2 purple Trojan twisters and 1 pink rabbit?
What is, Jonesy's friday night Alex?

I'm fixin to go to Raleigh on business and won't be back until late tomorrow night, so let  Dave have a little more time. Plus, I want to be around to respond to the shit that will be coming my way.

Now, one last discussion/lesson for the pass..... I'm guessing the La Palina Goldie OR is the Laguito #2 (the Petite Lancero)? Let me delve into this one. The #2's were released last July in 1000 boxes of 10 with ALL being rolled by Maria Sierra. So there really was no such thing as an OR with these and the fact that it was rolled by Maria Sierra doesn't account for any extra weight since she is rolling all of the Goldie's including this years release (the Laguito #5 that just came out).

Now, MSRP on these are $15, but I've found box pricing them on multiple sites including Uptown Cigars for between $121-$135, granted no one has them in stock anymore so the rarity factor due to unavailability/limited production is there. So, since this is a cigar that has been out less than a year, all were rolled by the same Master Roller, and it was a once and done cigar that has an already established price point of ~$13. To give an example, I would put a higher premium on the Tat Drac just because of the slight difference in age. Both were one and done cigars, both were limited production (10000/16900) but the Drac came out 4 years ago to 1 year ago for the Goldie. You have to set aside taste/preference/hate/love for Pete Johnson when looking at that example also.

I just didn't want there to be an uproar when I put a $15 cigar in for the Goldie, so I offer up my reasoning.....Discuss!

BTW CJ, my wife just told me she was getting tired of hearing my phone beeping last night after I had gone to bed, so she was the one that responded to you! :laugh:

Jonesy said:

So, since this is a cigar that has been out less than a year, all were rolled by the same Master Roller, and it was a once and done cigar that has an already established price point of ~$13.

That's the value I used to put it in the Pass. With all these 'one off' cigars, I guess we should go MSRP value for MSRP value....the adding to the price for age is going to be touchy as we all tend to value age a bit differently, but I get where Brian is coming from....although it would have worked better in reverse where the Goldie was older than the Drac being the Goldie held a smaller MSRP.

Isy and I were just talking about the new release of the #5 Goldie 2 nights ago and he felt La Palina FU in making the Goldie a 'line of cigars' versus it being the same #2 lancero year after year using that name. That's what everyone was lead to believe prior to the second release last week.

Jonesy....I never took you for a French 'hippie'....LINK

MSRP is generally only used in situations where there really isn't a fluctuation in price (Padron) or such a fluctuation (Opus) that a good price point can't be found. Passing rule of thumb is you use an average of three sources price points that are on the low end, not middle or high. Now this is a tad different because there is NO ONE that has these in stock, BUT the box pricing is still there on the different websites. I found five sites with pricing available and only one of them sold these at MSRP, the other 4 were between ($121-$134.50 with three being under $125). This is where I come up with a price point of $13 for the cigar. It gets no value for age since it's only been out 11 months, but it does get value due to limited production/ unavailability. Thus, IMO a $13 cigar with rarity or a higher end cigar (Padron, Fuente, Opus X) in the ~$15 range should take it without question.

You didn't know I was an uppity fugger, did you Gary?

Jonesy said:
MSRP is generally only used in situations where there really isn't a fluctuation in price (Padron) or such a fluctuation (Opus) that a good price point can't be found. Passing rule of thumb is you use an average of three sources price points that are on the low end, not middle or high. Now this is a tad different because there is NO ONE that has these in stock, BUT the box pricing is still there on the different websites. I found five sites with pricing available and only one of them sold these at MSRP, the other 4 were between ($121-$134.50 with three being under $125). This is where I come up with a price point of $13 for the cigar. It gets no value for age since it's only been out 11 months, but it does get value due to limited production/ unavailability. Thus, IMO a $13 cigar with rarity or a higher end cigar (Padron, Fuente, Opus X) in the ~$15 range should take it without question.

I think you make this $hit up as you go along!  :whistling:  :laugh:  :p

fjldo said:

I think you make this $hit up as you go along!  :whistling:  :laugh:  :p

Damn! I was hoping no one would catch on to that! :laugh:

Here are my P/T's let me know what you guys think!

T: Siglo VI      P: CAO Moontrance  (from Ginseng's personal stash)
T: God of Fire Carlito '06      P: 5 Vegas Torp ( overpaid on CBid so I'm getting my money back)
T: FFP     P: Old Henry Runt (Holt's Limited)
T: La Palina Goldie Laguito #2    P: Connie #9 maduro '04
T: Tat RC 184  P: Puros Indios "Big Chief"
T: AB Prensado Gran Toro   P: BBMF

Awww hell, I forgot I said I'd let Dave still go before me since I'm leaving shortly..... sorry guys, I'll repost when I get back if Dave is already done.

I think the BBMF is a bit of an under-put for that AB Prensado.  You might want to rethink that one, the others all look good to me... :D

It probably me being an ass again but the first trade seems to be a CC for an NC no?

louich said:
It probably me being an ass again but the first trade seems to be a CC for an NC no?
I've already gotten approval from the head honcho to do that...

louich said:
NOTHING gets by you  :laugh:

Jonesy said:
Here are my P/T's let me know what you guys think!

T: Siglo VI      P: CAO Moontrance  (from Ginseng's personal stash)
T: God of Fire Carlito '06      P: 5 Vegas Torp ( overpaid on CBid so I'm getting my money back)
T: FFP     P: Old Henry Runt (Holt's Limited)
T: La Palina Goldie Laguito #2    P: Connie #9 maduro '04
T: Tat RC 184  P: Puros Indios "Big Chief"
T: AB Prensado Gran Toro   P: BBMF

Awww hell, I forgot I said I'd let Dave still go before me since I'm leaving shortly..... sorry guys, I'll repost when I get back if Dave is already done.

Are the PUTS from your humidor you reserve for your friends?  :D   :p

I reserve them for special occasions and passes only. No one goes near that desktop!

DSC00707.jpg

c5403863-968b-4d3c-9df8-8934e8b755a1.jpg

A couple of Fuentes and a handful of CC's for the whole pass?

Seriously...   you can't post stuff like that during the day, I am at work man and now I need to use the bathroom.

So Jonesy got a free pass on the rules eh? Lol

All good to go then !

fjldo said:
Show off!!!
Nah, bad pic also. It makes the Opus Shark look like a Power Ranger and the other cigars look stubby...

ironpeddler said:

DSC00707.jpg

c5403863-968b-4d3c-9df8-8934e8b755a1.jpg

A couple of Fuentes and a handful of CC's for the whole pass?

Who's pictures did you 'borrow'?  

LOL! Nice catch! Actually the top pic with the Fuentes, I took right before I posted. The pic of my desktop with the CC's is a pic I found in my photobucket account from '08.