• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

30 year old vintage smoke

To bfreebern,

Would you really smoke them ?

Would you take a 1961 Ferrari 250 Gt California Spyder and enter it in a figure 8 race ?

Would you share a bottle of 1982 Chateau Latour, Pauillac with some bowling buddies ?

I find your jumble of non sequiturs and irrelevant observations to be nothing but comedic.

In Jest,

Jaypee

Well, I find it as a good piece of advice. We enjoy smoking cigars here. Cigars are meant to be smoked. If you are looking for value, you are at the wrong place. That honestly is the bottom line.

David

To bfreebern,

Yes, he would. I would. So would most of the guys here. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately considering your tone) you didn't get a chance to read the wisdom of Infinity before he passed, who basically lived by the moto of smoke your best cigars every day, because every day is a special occassion. What's the point of buying nice cigars if you don't smoke them, good wine if you won't drink it, and an awesome car if you aren't going to drive it? You want to spend money on something neat to look at buy a freaking painting or statue.

Here's the story on the cigars;

They were stored in a very old humi in s basement in Connecticut. The owner, who had passed away was a Lt. Commander in the USN.
An acquaintance of mine came across these particular smokes during the estate sale and thought I would be interested. Of the 4 boxes two were previously opened, a box of Monte's No 3 Cabinet Selection with the bottom of the box stamped with "Made in las Palmas Spain" and a box of H Upmann singulares in a aluminum tubes and wrapped in what I call rice paper. Only 13 remain in the box of 25.

The other two boxes are sealed and have never been opened;

H Upmann Especiales cellophane
Partagas Super Partagas cellophane

The good stuff: The singulares, especiales and super partagas have Tabacos en comision stamps and export stamps from cuba.

My limited research has put these in the early 80's. I also have some singles of Maria Guerrero and others but without boxes in would be difficult
to verify origin.

I will post pics ASAP

Any help would be appreciated.

link to pics http://mysite.verizon.net/resu43om/id1.html

jaypee I hope my PM was helpful. Good luck in finding out the information you are seeking. In my opinion it will make the experience of smoking them even better!

You folks missed.... 'in jest'!

But yes jimmie, may I call you jimmie?

...I too would smoke them, as I would take out a car and drive it!

:thumbs:

To bfreebern,

Would you take a 1961 Ferrari 250 Gt California Spyder and enter it in a figure 8 race ?

Would you share a bottle of 1982 Chateau Latour, Pauillac with some bowling buddies ?

I find your jumble of non sequiturs and irrelevant observations to be nothing but comedic.

In Jest,

Jaypee

Yes I would, why not? What is the point of having cigars that you aren't going to smoke?

Answer me this: Why are you here?

If you're here for validation on your cigars, you're here for the wrong reason.

I'd suggest you smoke the cigars and stop worrying about value.

To bfreebern,

In Jest,

Jaypee

Ruhh Roww.....Its on

Ruhh Roww.....Its on

??? I don't get this point... ???

Jaypee, I'd smoke those bad boys on a nice day, or on an anniversary/promotion or something as great. They're yours to enjoy! As much as I'd love to try one of the H. Upmanns (as they are my favorite ISOM) it wouldn't feel right to take from you, as these are wonderful cigars you should enjoy in pivotal times of your life!

PS- Addy is in my profile!!! :laugh:

They are insurable, it's called an "inland marine policy"

I think some of you are misunderstanding my point of the research. Mr Miamipadronsmoke has correctly stated, "its a journey" and that pretty much sums it up. As far as smoking them, I would definitely puff the opened boxes. The others, I don't know. I don't want to get all chick flick with you but there is some emotion looking at them and knowing that they were thrown on your lap by a friend. To receive a package and open it and get blown away by it's contents is mind boggling.

Maybe you can understand my situation better now. My comments are in jest and have absolutely no animosity. They are only an example of the complexity of the situation. The question still remains, where to get info ?

And would you really smoke the sealed boxes?

Where's Epicurus, Descartes, Bertrand or Cicero when you need them.

Souldog, I offered, you wouldn't be taking. And I have the perfect bottle of single malt scotch to go with it.

I would smoke any cigar. I would remove them from the sealed box first though they probably taste better that way.

I think Cicero is south of Chicago, the others I don't know of. :p

If you stick around this place long enough (and I truly hope you do), then you'll understand the apprehension at your post initially. Although I didn't get a gift from a friend who passed, when I do receive something from someone on here out of the blue I can totally relate to the feeling you describe thusly: "but there is some emotion looking at them and knowing that they were thrown on your lap by a friend. To receive a package and open it and get blown away by it's contents is mind boggling.". That is one of the things we hold so dear about this place and I hope you get that feeling again when someone here drops something in your lap. Light 'em up and reminisce about the time you had with him. I would. :thumbs:

Maybe you can understand my situation better now. My comments are in jest and have absolutely no animosity. They are only an example of the complexity of the situation. The question still remains, where to get info ?

And would you really smoke the sealed boxes?

Where's Epicurus, Descartes, Bertrand or Cicero when you need them.

Souldog, I offered you wouldn't be taking. And I have the perfect bottle of single malt scotch to go with it.

I picked up on the sarcasm right away, so no worries. ;) I suppose you could pull my teeth out and MAKE me smoke a fine fine H. Upmann, PM me your info. and maybe we could link up sometime for a cigar!

I've heard good things about Beaches, if you're looking for alternatives.

Joy Luck Club, anybody? Just imagine cigars in place of the feather.