• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

30 yr glen albyn

servebig

1974/bottled april 04

Picked this up yesterday from a Scotch Afficianado club that I recently joined. At first I was dissapointed that this was bottled under the store label and was told that this is how all future bottlings will be done. The label was kind of cheesy.

When I came in to the store I was expecting a 20 year old, as that is what they had on their webpage, so I was pleased that there had been a mistake. Hell, where are you gonna touch a 30 year old for $100?

The color was med straw. Initial aromas were caramel and butterscotch. The first taste absolutely exploded in my mouth...the equivalent of single malt pop rocks. I want to say a mint sensation, but it was more like really stringent butterscotch (does that make sense?)...not hot, just really concentrated...after letting it sit for 30 minutes or so the aroma softened a bit, but the flavors were still there. Vanilla, creme brule, nutmeg...really awesome. What really surprises me is that this was bottled at 43%...if i was tasting it being i would have thought it was cask strength...i didnt add any water however...hell, it was perfect!

On investigating the disillery further I noticed that several critics dont really think much of glen albyn, but i can tell you that this was really tasty...if any of you care, i might try and get some more if people dont pick up their allotment. PM me if interested...

barney

Just spoke with the folks at the store...they will sell me up to 6 more bottles at the $99.99 price!

Who wants to buy themselves a Christmas present?

B

How good do you think this is? Will you give a "buy it back" guarantee like I do on some of my offerings? :0 :0

Just jerkin' yer chain, sign me up for one. PM me a total cost w/shipping and your addy, I'll have a check out the next day. :thumbs:

Thanks.

servebig said:
Just spoke with the folks at the store...they will sell me up to 6 more bottles at the $99.99 price!

B
[snapback]146932[/snapback]​

ya know what? i will...i'd just be interested to get your thoughts on it. i'm gonna wait to see what the total interest is before i go pick it up...probably manana.

AVB said:
How good do you think this is? Will you give a "buy it back" guarantee like I do on some of my offerings? :0 :0

Just jerkin' yer chain, sign me up for one. PM me a total cost w/shipping and your addy, I'll have a check out the next day. :thumbs:

Thanks.

servebig said:

B
[snapback]146932[/snapback]​
[snapback]146946[/snapback]​

OK, just let me know when you're ready.

What's the latest on this? Am I the only one getting a bottle or did gregor22 come through too?

no word from gregor...drinking it as i type...mmmmmmmmmm....i'm gonna wait til next week...its there.

servebig said:
no word from gregor...drinking it as i type...mmmmmmmmmm....i'm gonna wait til next week...its there.
[snapback]147724[/snapback]​

ok...prolly gonna do get it manana...i'll let you guys know by PM.

I have the checkbook ready, just let me know the total. I can't wait! :D

Finally got the chance to enjoy a dram tonight. Joshua's train set and table is put together, the camcorder is ready, and Daddy is sipping on a very nice scotch.

Thanks, Barney!

Gregor