• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

30th Birthday coming up soon! Cigar suggestions?

dannykcha

The big 3-0 is coming up and I plan on smoking the best I have and/or can get my hands on alllllll day (Girlfriend HATES if, so I don't smoke when she's around, but she'll have to deal with it that day)

I'm not looking for hand-outs by any means, honestly. So far, I'm thinking I want to smoke the nicest cigars I can get my hands on that I haven't tried like the Behikes, ones that i love like the Lusitanias, and hopefully/somehow/pray-to-baby-Jesus, a Opus X BBMF Maduro without having to drive to Vegas and pay a million $ for one. Maybe an Opus X A?

Any suggestions?? 3-4 cigars MAX, and it must be cigars that I can buy/find fairly easily (since I don't know too many solid sources for specific HTF stuff). So no Siglo VI GR, Monte 2 GR, Cohiba 1966 EL, Padron Millenium Maduro, BBMF Maduro, and other ultra HTF sticks unless you know where they can be found without paying an arm and a leg, and an ear and an eye....

While those 'wishlist' cigars are all well and good, on my birthday I generally go for those cigars that I already know I love. It's hard to go wrong with your old faithfuls, but paying through the nose for what may not be a cigar you like can be a big let-down. YMMV.

Check out Sinny in the b/s/t. Some good HTF stuff fit for such an occasion.

Went from 2 a day, 1 at the very least., to 2-3 a day now, sometimes 4 a day this week. I've filled up 4.5 humidors so I really need to improve my smoke-to-buy ratio to make so room for my cigars to breathe. =(

I decided to smoke a lot of my good stuff this week and enjoy life, rather than just staring at the good stuff and smoking them only once I'm awhile. =)

So here's what I've enjoyed during the past 1.5 weeks, more or less, in no particular order:

1- Padron Family Reserve 80th Maduro (1st time, and it was the best Padron, or even one of the best cigars, I've ever had)
1- Cohiba 1966 Edicion Limitada. (wasn't impressed. Suspecting it may have been a rebranded fake. Grrrr...)
2- Opus X Robusto cedar-wrapped from the gift-tins. (love these. Much better, in my opinion, than regular cello'ed.)
1- 2008-09 Opus X Robusto (amazing overall and VERY smooth. Aging beautifully)
1- Fuente MagnumR44 (hands-down the best vitola of the line. Wonderful!)
1- Fuente MagnumR52 (really enjoy these from time-to-time, but see above)
4- Johnny-O custom-rolls (it's never been confirmed, but personally, I taste "Cuban" and they're GOOD)
1- Padron '64 Exclusivo Maduro (always smooth/great/dependable)
1- Tatuaje TAA (love these. One of my all-time favorites. Last single before having to crack open my only box. =*( )
2- Tatuaje Cojonu '03 (one of my favorite/dependable cigars)
1- My Father Le Bijou box-pressed torpedo (loved it)
2- 2011 Anejo Shark (another one of my all-time favorites)
1- 2010-11 Partagas Lusitania (amaaaaazing. One of my new favorites)
2- Partagas Serie D No 4 (can never go wrong with these. One of my all-time favorites)
1- Partagas Serie P No 2 (great, great cigar. Smoking beautifully)
1- Liga Privada LP40 (great cigar/lancero. Wish I had more than 1 left)
1- Liga Privada Dirty Rat (loved it. Also wish I had more!)
1- Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig (womderful LP 9/52 flavors, amazing draw/construction, but not a fan of large RGs)
2- Liga Privada No. 9 Robusto/toro (always loved these)
1- Liga Privada T52 Belicoso (starting to like these better than the 9's, but not just yet. =) )
1- Liga Privada Undercrown Robusto (wasn't impressed at all when I tried a few before, but the last one I had was fantastic!)
1- Camacho Triple Maduro (always good, but stronger than normal this time around)
1- Padron 2000 Maduro (first-half was decent, second-half was gooooood)
1- Fuente Work of Art Maduro (1st one I've had and was REALLY impressed. Great cigar)
1- 2009 Punch Uppercut Ometepe (interesting at first, then very tasty towards 2nd-half)
1- VegaFina Sumum 2010 (if you haven't tried one, you're missing out big-time)
1- Angelenos 2009 (reminded me a lot of a milder, dryer, Opus X. Weird)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but let's just say I had a GREAT past week or two. =D I'll add to the list as I smoke more and/or remember!!

This list looks replete with HTF that you knew where to get. Stick around for awhile and participate. Sources tend to become known the more familiar people are with you.

Almost happy birthday to you. You might consider a Hemingway Don Carlos #4. Right tasty.

I know a lot of the old timers around here really like the Grape Phillies

Smoke an undercrown. He neighbors will think your house is on fire from all the smoke they put out and come running. Then you'll have more people at your party.

I usually don't smoke that many HTF's, but decided to smoke whatever I felt like that was in my collection during the past couple of weeks. Usually, the list is nothing like that!

But yeah, I'm definitely trying to stay involved in the community, but still being in the restricted stages of membership (B/S/T/Passes/etc) makes it a little tougher.

Anyways, keep the suggestions coming!

Dig up an Opus Shark. Or if the BHK is in your price range, you can probably find a BBMF for roughly the same. Or just make a theme out of it- unusual fuentes, out of production pepins, ISOM day, HTF lanceros from different brands, etc.

Smoke the best you've got in your humidor. From your recent purchases you have more than enough to choose from. Happy early birthday to you.

While those 'wishlist' cigars are all well and good, on my birthday I generally go for those cigars that I already know I love. It's hard to go wrong with your old faithfuls, but paying through the nose for what may not be a cigar you like can be a big let-down. YMMV.

I was going to write this same thing. I have found that going for something you absolutely know you love is the best thing to do on a special occasion.

I think I'm going with a Behike 54, Partagas Lusi, Siglo Vi, BBMF Maduro, and/or an '04 Opus Chili-Pepper or Phantom. Learned my lessons and bought the CCs from reputable sources.

That's a good call, Danny. The Cuban cigar dealers in Orange County are much more reputable than the ones in LA county.

That's a good call, Danny. The Cuban cigar dealers in Orange County are much more reputable than the ones in LA county.

They are!! Right??! Hahah.... Learned my lesson and bought them through a trusted vendor online.

Opus X Chili pepper? Sounds like it would be like below your quality level. why don't I be a great guy, I'll trade you your musty old, outdated Chili Pepper, for something else you'd rather have! :) :thumbs: :whistling:

Chili pepper is one of my favorite smokes of all time. I wish they were easier to come by.... I would smoke them all day