• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

4 Stages of the Cigar Smoker

I am happy to see that I have created such a popular topic. I am also glad, after reading some of your responses, that I am not alone when it come to the dealings with the wife. :whistling:

What stage is it when you are thinking about asking your wife to get a second job so you can buy more cigars?

I could get the second job, but then there would be no time for smoking the extra cigars.

Ken

"Where did you get those shoes honey?" .........................."Oh, I've had them." :rolleyes:
So true! :laugh:

Wilkey

Yep!  Anytime she says "So just how many cigars DO you have these days?"  I just reference the boxes and boxes of shoes we just moved to our new place.  Honestly how the hell is she ever going to even wear those things?  They are like relics of an ancient civilization or something

Oh and I am a 3 but I do still buy singles (just usually stuff you can't find in boxes very easily)

Glad to see we are in a "normal" American marriage. :cool:

My wife was NEVER gonna go for a Smoke room.

So I ordered myself a 10'x20' shed. 6.5' wall height, with a barn style roof. It came vinyl sided, to match the house. half went to my motorcycle, and has a loft installed, for my stuff. The other half has a sofa, chair, tables, and a fridge. A/C in the summer, and a bigassed kerosene heater for the winter. The wireless internet from the house reaches it, and I've got a 20"TV/DVD Player., and a Stereo.

LONG LIVE THE HERFSHED!!!!

I'm probably a solid 3. I can't yet afford to be a 4!

as much of a no0b as I may be, I'm very much not in Stage 1... but not fully in Stage 2.

more of like, stepping into stage 2.. or something

Nice to see others with similar problems.

I went through the stages and now:

I only buy boxes
I've got approx 200 NCs and 150 others and have to stop myself from clicking "place order"
Got 2 humidors
I have overpriced lighters and cutters
I spend too much time reading about cigars.
I have to try not to post on cigar sites so that I don't waste productive working time.
I try to keep myself from joining in on a box pass so as not to get too involved.
I just spent 15k redoing my patio area so I'd have somewhere to smoke.
I can't stop thinking about the Partagas Lusitania that I had earlier today and want to smoke another.

I'm thinking it may be a disease and not a hobby.

"Where did you get those shoes honey?" .........................."Oh, I've had them." :rolleyes:
So true! :laugh:

Wilkey

Yep!  Anytime she says "So just how many cigars DO you have these days?"  I just reference the boxes and boxes of shoes we just moved to our new place.  Honestly how the hell is she ever going to even wear those things?  They are like relics of an ancient civilization or something

Oh and I am a 3 but I do still buy singles (just usually stuff you can't find in boxes very easily)

Honestly, rule number one in the cigar smoking marriage is to never, ever complain about your wife's purchases. That's equivalent to digging your own grave. I'm the only guy I know who wishes his wife would spend more.

Excellent thread.

Now I know why I'm always hungry, just like some of my good brothers, I am fugged. ???

Brian