• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

48 hours

It's time Rod.

This will not go away.

2 Jarheads and a squid agree on something. We must be right.

Doc.

Patience my brethern. Rod and I have talked numerous times and I asked if he would pin it and let it stand a while in case the culprit is away for some reason. He did that and I thank him for it.

The lynch mob that has arisen has probably scared the shit out of the culprit if they have seen the original thread.

It's obviously Rod's decision but I agree that 98% is not enough, 99.9% is not enough, so let's hope the guy will man up. And as long as it wasn't malicious, I hope you will all accept his apology (if it's humble) and make his decision to come forward a good one.

Think about this......what if:
1. He is a member who values his BOTL's and SOTL's here and already realizes his joke was poorly thought out, and because of the result, he is afraid he will lose friends made here.

2. He is not someone who values CP, and will never be a part of this community going forward, or he would never have done it.

Either way if he has half a conscience, and fails to step up, he will feel the twinges of guilt in every PM, every trade, every buy, and every HERF he is ever involved in.

He has already failed to step up so the longer it takes the worse it will be.

1. He is a member who values his BOTL's and SOTL's here and already realizes his joke was poorly thought out, and because of the result, he is afraid he will lose friends made here.

2. He is not someone who values CP, and will never be a part of this community going forward, or he would never have done it.

Either way if he has half a conscience, and fails to step up, he will feel the twinges of guilt in every PM, every trade, every buy, and every HERF he is ever involved in.

Patience my brethern. Rod and I have talked numerous times and I asked if he would pin it and let it stand a while in case the culprit is away for some reason. He did that and I thank him for it.

The lynch mob that has arisen has probably scared the shit out of the culprit if they have seen the original thread.

It's obviously Rod's decision but I agree that 98% is not enough, 99.9% is not enough, so let's hope the guy will man up. And as long as it wasn't malicious, I hope you will all accept his apology (if it's humble) and make his decision to come forward a good one.

I personally admire what you are doing here, and how you are handling this. I hope this person comes forward soon, because you are giving him a great opportunity. I applaud you and your character.

I don't get it..

Wasn't it stated that he will get outed in 48 hrs?
Then the thread was locked.
And now it appears that Rod won't address this.

I know I speak for more than myself when I say "Get this over with, one way or another"; Out the man and let everyone get out the pitchforks for a little while until you decide to lock the thread, or explain your intent not to. Either way let's move on and get past this. If your not 100% sure about the individual, then why did you annouce it?

Signed....

Wants this mess resolved.

He has already failed to step up so the longer it takes the worse it will be.

I realize this may be hard for some to believe but I'd be willing to bet there are actually CP'rs who don't see CP every day of their life, let alone have a shock collar activated by a "new post" ;)

Has any attempt been made on either of the two main parties to contact said individual? Obviously Rod has a name in hand, I'm not sure if CS does, so how about someone send this guy a pm or email, and see what they have to say for themselves? That way it's private, and they no longer had the excuse of, "I hadn't checked in to the board for a few days and didn't see what was going on."

I don't get it..

Wasn't it stated that he will get outed in 48 hrs?
Then the thread was locked.
And now it appears that Rod won't address this.

I know I speak for more than myself when I say "Get this over with, one way or another"; Out the man and let everyone get out the pitchforks for a little while until you decide to lock the thread, or explain your intent not to. Either way let's move on and get past this. If your not 100% sure about the individual, then why did you annouce it?

Signed....

Wants this mess resolved.

Funny how some people always say this is Rod's house, his rules and if you don't like it, then leave. Now it seems like he is taking heat from you on the way he's handling this. Like the man said, he's 98% sure, and he gave whomever the chance to come foward on their own.

Now that they did not, he can't call this person out unless he was 101% sure. Jeff was right, he most likely will not come out after the mob scene that was created by you guys. I'm willing to bet in hindsight Rod wishes he had created that post, locked it and asked ou guys not discuss it publicly in any other threads until this was resolved. You need to remember he wants to get to the bottom of this just as badly as the next guy, and you made it that much harder for him now.

Jfields is totally right. Hey, whoever you are, if you're reading this don't worry, we won't tar and feather you if you come forward. We'll go easy and just do the pancake syrup and corn flakes down your pants instead.

This is just my .02 but I think Rod is handling this very commendably.

Maybe if I were on that side I would see it differently but I think that the privacy issue and the integrity of CP are the most important issues at hand. Regardless of how long it takes to resolve, if the person is unquestionably identified and outed, everyone will get their chance to exact their text revenge.

:whistling: ??? :whistling: Are we giving this person another 48hrs?????? Who ever you are let your balls hang low and come out and say your sorry!

IMO it was joke a gone bad. No harm no foul was my thinking and a slap on the wrist and a im sorry would have been good....but...if this person has been on cp since this incident and chose not to come forward then I might have to rethink the situation.

even though this has nothing to do with me, if Rod has chosen/agreed to wait then I respect that decision.