• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

$5-10 short smoke?

bluue13

Hey All,

I'm looking for a quality mild-med bodied $5-10 stick on the shorter smoking time end of things. There are sometimes where I just want to grab about 30-40 minutes outside before dinner and every stick I have seems to put me on the hour and a half to 2 hour time frame. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Greg

AF Short Story

I swear there is a thread on this, but my search-fu is suckin today.

Yeah...I was trying to search but I dont think I was typing in good keywords. Could be due to a long workday and overtiredness! Thanks for the suggestion, bigman. My local B&M didnt have anything from AF last time I was in there :( so I may have to look elsewhere.

Try a 5er of La Aurora Preferido en Tubos, usually lasts me about 30 mins.
laaurora01ks6.jpg

It won't cost you that much, but a Padron 2000 is a great 30 - 40 stick.

Damn! If you guys think Padrons, Don Carlos, La Riquezas and LFD's are mild to medium I don't even want to know what you think are full bodied! You guys must just twist up raw tobacco after a good steak! :laugh:

I'm not really into the mild/medium smokes but I have to echo the Short Story in this range. I love all of the others mentioned also but they have a li'l more kick. In the med/full range I'd also recommend Tat Havana VI Angeles and Illusione 68.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Haha I was gonna say I've never heard of an LFD referred to as mild/med!! almost all the reviews say to make sure you eat something and have lots of fresh air during haha! I have one of these in my humi (Thanks, Lkyman!) and I'm saving it for a time when I think I can handle it!

Thanks again for all the suggestions and Im gonna set to work on tracking some of these down.

I go with the AF Short Story for a quick smoke. It usually is about a 30-35 min smoke for me. Great when you just want to grab a quick one before dinner, or at lunch...

I see no NC disclaimer, so I'm going to go with Partagas Shorts as well as Padron Anni Principe's

I have to agree with the Illusione 68 and the Padron Principes.

Just a thought, who says you have to finish the whole stick, as long as it is in your price range (I know that seems like being wasteful, if you are willing to spend $5-10 for a 30 minute smoke, just toss it after 30 minutes).

Ken

Just a thought, who says you have to finish the whole stick, as long as it is in your price range (I know that seems like being wasteful, if you are willing to spend $5-10 for a 30 minute smoke, just toss it after 30 minutes).

Ken

Blasphemy!!!

i smoked a nestor miranda coffee break the other day. great little smoke--definitely within your time constraints. it was a solid, medium bodied stick. it was nicely balanced. i would highly recommend it. if you pick one up, let me know what you think.

Ken

Blasphemy!!!

I know, I don't do it. If I do not have the time (as I don't like to rush) I don't smoke.

Besides the short Story. You might want to look at somethig like a Parcel 77 (corona size) or even a Johnny O pigtail short.

You can't go wrong with the short story, and lately the Don Carlos #4's have been really hitting the spot for me. I actually had one this afternoon.