• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Vegas Limitada 2006

bombtek

Just bought a box of 10 of these sticks off of CBid. I was just wondering what you all think of these (if you've smoked em). I know that the rest of the 5 Vegas lineup is thought of more or less as one dimensional cigars, not bad, but not something that you'd go out of your way to purchase. Just looking for some comments. Thanks.
Bill

I've not had the 2006 blend yet, but I enjoy the 2005 occasionally. I think they're much better than any of the other 5 Vegas line although they aren't worth the regular asking price. Grabbing them on C Bid is the way to go on these.

I've "heard" the 2006 is on par with the 2005, but not much more than that.

I really liked the 2005, haven't had the 2006 yet.

I have not tried the Limitadas. But I have enjoyed the Series "A"s that I have smoked.

theres a post that wurm started somewhere down in this forum, i reviewed it in 20 degree weather. to sum it up, its a vega gold with a 'a' wrapper. if you enjoy the general vega cigars, you'll like this one.

theres a post that wurm started somewhere down in this forum, i reviewed it in 20 degree weather. to sum it up, its a vega gold with a 'a' wrapper. if you enjoy the general vega cigars, you'll like this one.

IMO the 06 Limitada is a very good cigar, especially if you do like other 5 Vegas. I enjoyed all of the 06 that I've had very much. They are not so one dimensional but they also will not WOW you. Spice, nuts, leather...but none of these to any extreme. But even though I enjoyed these a lot, I can also say that they didn't leave me a lasting impression. Every time I had one I thought "oh, yeah, these are pretty good" but then I also would not neccessarily run back to get another right away.

Give me some time and I can be even MORE wishy-washy in my comments.

Ok just had my first one of these. Got the ones I ordered from Cbid yesterday, and wanted to give them a tryout so I grabbed one off the top and headed outside.

Nice aroma at the foot, well constucted at a glance, and just a downright good looking cigar. Clipped the cap and placed a match to it. Lit up with no difficulty, nice draw and good taste.

I know that supposedly none of the tobaccos come from Honduras, but the flavor was very Honduranesque (is that a word? LOL). After about 3-4 minutes of puffing away leisurly, I saw a split beginning to happen about an inch up from the burn line of the foot........not too bad but as I continued to smoke, I saw the gar begin to swell towards the split and thought to myself "uh oh this can't be good".

The closer the burn line got, the more pronounced the swelling got, which in turn split the wrapper further and further up the length of the stick. I smoked it as long as I could until the split basically took over the cigar and well....that was that. I smoked about 5/8 of the cigar and would have enjoyed it immensly if my mind wasn't preoccupied with watching the deformation hapening before my eyes. I think I'll have to let the rest of the sticks sit for a few months in the humidor to settle down to my humidity of 67% as I think the problem was that the cigars were overhumidified at CI.

But it's ok, I got lotsa Gurkhas to tide me over until these are ready LOL (I stocked up on expedition series a while back ).