• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Vegas Miami Petite Corona

Aventinus

Cigar: 5 Vegas Miami Petite Corona
Size: 4.5 x 44
Wrapper: Nicaragua Corojo
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Drink: Alvear Cream Sherry
Smoke Time: approx. 45min

This one came from a trade with Smellysell. These are made at Pepin's Nicaraguan factory (Just what the world needs, another Pepin!). It was a good looking little stick. Dark chocolate colored, oily wrapper with a few veins. Seemed to be a small patch. Triple cap. Smelled of tobacco and strangely enough mustard seed?! It felt really heavy in my hand.

Fairly firm prelight draw with a little chocolate flavor. I could see why it felt so heavy, there was quite a bit of tobacco in there. Some very dark looking leaves. Good volume of medium to full bodied smoke. Started out a little peppery, but quickly eased into some nice leathery flavors. Developed some almost maduro like sweetness in the second half. Pleasant, mild finish. I enjoyed it overall.

Glad you enjoyed it Pete. Mike had one the other day and didn't have nearly as enjoyable of an experience. I haven't actually tried one yet, but now that things are slowing down a bit, I'll have to give one a go.

Yeah, I [Mike] had this same cigar last night from Justin as well. I picked it up from his pass. While I found the flavor and finish to be pleasant, it was dramatically snuffed out by it's extreme harshness. Maybe they need humi time?

I had the Vegas Miami oh about a month ago, a gift from a friend. Come to find out it was a gift because he didn't like them. Now, I am a big Pepin Fan, however, this particular line I didn't care for as much as even the Blue Label or even the Cuban Classic. Probably not a cigar I'd smoke if I had to buy it again. But as I always say, to each his own!

I purchased a 5 Vegas Miami sampler with varying sizes. As the gauge / length got larger, the more I enjoyed it. (wow, that sounds rather questionable doesn't it???) :sign:

I purchased a 5 Vegas Miami sampler with varying sizes. As the gauge / length got larger, the more I enjoyed it. (wow, that sounds rather questionable doesn't it???) :sign:

My wife got me the 5 Vegas humidor from cigar.com. It had 10- 5 Vegas Miami & 10- 5 Vegas Limitada 2007. Both of them are GREAT SMOKES!!!!!!

I bought the same... the torpedo turned out to be the one I liked best! Damn good smokes!

I love the 5 vegas miami, I prefer the toro, but it's a great smoke for the money. I haven't had the limitada 2007, but i have a few 2006 laying around.