• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 vs 10 vs 15 count Travel Humidors

Nihon_Ni

真喜志友幸
I'm looking to buy a travel humidor and I noticed the 10 count is only a few more bucks than a 5 count,and it's not really that much bigger. Same goes for a 15 count vs a 10 count.

Is there a down side to having a 10 or 15 count travel humidor and traveling with only a few sticks in it? I've noticed posts where guys have multiple copies of different sizes -- is that because they work better when they are filled to capacity? I most likely will only want to travel with a few sticks, but it might be nice to have extra space.

Thanks.

I keep a ziplock baggie in my 15 count and fill it with air to take up the extra space. When there are only a few sticks in there, that keeps things from moving around.

John

Just get the 15 count and save yourself the headache :thumbs:

Skip all three and go with the 50 count, I love it. Give's a good selection of sticks, and if I leave a insert empty it gives me space for new goodies!!! :thumbs:

WKOTI

Just today I got the 15 in the mail and was really surprised how small it was. I don't see any point in getting anything smaller. I like the idea of keeping a ziplock bag to fill with air and take up space though. That will stop them from moving around at all if you only have a couple in it.

If you get a five or ten you will ultimately be in a situation where you need more cigars. I'd recommend either the thirty or fifty in the brand WKOTI linked. That brand has inserts that keep each cigar secure so it doesn't matter if you travel with one or fifty. Plus it'll hold double coronas so you don't have to worry about the size of sticks you're taking with you. I personally have a four, a ten, and a fifty count.

I have a 50 count, too, which works great, of course. The foam inserts have cutouts for cigars. I cut some of them out so I can lay cigars lengthwise, too. With robusto size cigars, they aren't as long as the case, but you can rarely fit two end-to-end in the inserts. Gives me a little extra room.

A little large to carry around for a weekend/daily smoke, though. I'm taking it on a four-day weekend to see some buddies as the 15 count isn't enough for this particular weekend. ;)

-John

Just get the 15 count and save yourself the headache :thumbs:

I can't believe I'm about to say this but..... Listen to Los he knows!

I'm going to go throw up now! :laugh:

15 count is a nice useable size for a weekend out of town; you might not smoke that many but it'll let you pack plenty of choices. Anything smaller than that is just foolin' around.

50 count's a pretty serious stash for longer vacations. Perfect for a Caribbean cruise, though---you can leave the bottom layers empty and come back with it full of CCs! :cool:

~Boar

Thanks for all the replies. A 50 count is way too big for me -- my home humi is only a 25, so I don't really need a travel one that big. I was think a 10 count would be more than I would ever need, but you guys have me rethinking a 15. It might be handy to bring cigars home in rather than take them with me when I travel. Hmmmmm....

I bought a five count, thinking that would be big enough. Right........
whistling.gif

Then I got a fifteen count, thinking the same thing. Wrong......
laugh.gif

So, I went full goose bozo and go a 50 count. Much more like it.....
thumbs-up.gif

Truth is, they are all nice to have. The fifteen count would probably get it done for most occasions. I use a sheet of bubble wrap in there when it's not completely full to cushion things. Boveda packs are what I use and recommend for humidification, though many times I've thrown five cigars in the small case for a weekend trip and didn't bother.

Lastly, I got nice small leather pouches at the local hippy fair that I've tied onto the cases. Perfect place for your punch, cutter, and lighter.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Thanks for all the replies. A 50 count is way too big for me -- my home humi is only a 25, so I don't really need a travel one that big. I was think a 10 count would be more than I would ever need, but you guys have me rethinking a 15. It might be handy to bring cigars home in rather than take them with me when I travel. Hmmmmm....
Trust us when we say to go with the bigger travel humi! When I was new to smoking, I had a 5 ct and it was adequate for a while. The more I started smoking, the more I realized it wasn't going to cut it. Case in point: I would go to herfs and end up buying a bunch of stogies to take home or would get some freebies from an event. Sometimes I would get bombed by a fellow smoker. Those were the times I was wishing I had a bigger travel humi. Well, I finally ended up getting a 15 ct and I love it. As others mentioned, the 15 ct is also nice for long trips.

As for the guys who keep various sizes of travel humis, it's not a bad idea. The smaller ones make a nice back-up. My 5 ct didn't end up being totally useless - I keep it in my purse for my everyday stogies when I'm out and about (nice to have when I unexpectedly end up heading to my local b&m for a smoke.)

I have two 15 counts I got for $13 bucks each on Cbid a while back and love them... If I am only bringing 15 sticks the other is used for my butane, mints, gum, multi tool, lighters, and cutters. :)

P.S. A Drymistat tube is great for humidification in these as well....

Thanks for all the input. I just measured out how a 5 vs 15 would fit into my carry-on bag and now I'm in a quandary again. I'm always short on space in there when I travel and a 15 would monopolize a pretty good portion. On the other hand, I could easily slip a 5er into my computer bag, which is why I started thinking about it in the first place. I think I'll go with a 15 and if it turns out that I don't use the extra room or need the space in my carry-on I'll buy a 5er. I suppose I could always keep the 15 at work as an offidor. (Is that a word? :blush: )

Why sweat the small stuff, just pack the 15-ct AND the 5-ct. in your carry on and leave out things you don't really need. Like underwear and socks!

When you get to your destination, buy new ones and when ready, mail your clothes back home via USPS.
laugh.gif

I know how you feel, I have all 3 sizes. What I really need is for Pelican to make a backpack version.

I have a 5 count and a 10 count. The 5 count is great for a night out when I know I'm going to smoke a stick or two and want to chose what I'll smoke when I get there.

The 10 count is nice when I know I'll have some friends there that will want to mooch a cigar off me. I'm happy to oblige but I pack some cheaper smokes in addition to mine for them. Only because they tend to finish about half of it before they chuck them.

BR