• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

65% Humidifier for a 28QT, Coolerdor

Maximum

My butter bowl filled with 65% climmax beads has worked well in my coolerdor but it takes up space and I want to squeeze in another box. I have taken a new Cigar Reservoir in the cedar holder I bought a couple of years ago and modified it. I popped the top off, dumped the oasis in it and refilled it with 7.45 ounces of Climmax 65% beads and added 11.5ML of distilled water. It fits great and allows me to get that extra box in. My old butter bowl has worked well for a couple of years and would mainitain for 6 months at the time without problem. My questions are:
Anyone tried this before and run into any problems?
Are the beads in the butter bowl good to store in a ziploc for future reuse?

My butter bowl filled with 65% climmax beads has worked well in my coolerdor but it takes up space and I want to squeeze in another box. I have taken a new Cigar Reservoir in the cedar holder I bought a couple of years ago and modified it. I popped the top off, dumped the oasis in it and refilled it with 7.45 ounces of Climmax 65% beads and added 11.5ML of distilled water. It fits great and allows me to get that extra box in. My old butter bowl has worked well for a couple of years and would mainitain for 6 months at the time without problem. My questions are:
Anyone tried this before and run into any problems?
Are the beads in the butter bowl good to store in a ziploc for future reuse?

I have never tried that before. As far as the long term storage, dry the beads to be stored completely and place them in a ziplock. They will store indefinately that way.

I have a Cigar Oasis that I have taken the resevoir apart, removed the foam and replaced it with 65% beads- works wonders and has for some time now!

Dunno about the reservoir, only comment would be that you might want to consider more surface area for the beads. That being said, looks like it worked for swissy. The beads will be fine in the bag, so long as you keep the bag in a place that won't get trampled on. Beads can get a tad brittle when dry.