• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

90-Rated Super-Premium Combo

StogieFarts

Being the noob that I am, I wanted to get some opinions. I was about to drop $80 on this, and it seems like it's good for the cigar's they are offering:

Combo includes:
2 - Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
2 - Gispert Churchill
2 - Graycliff Original PGX (toro)
2 - Gurkha Class Regent Toro
2 - Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Consul
2 - 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo
2 - Montecristo White Rothschilde
2 - Perdomo Reserve Cameroon 'E'
2 - Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2
2 - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro
PLUS
1 - Cigar Band Mosaic Humidor (20-capacity)

So to all you FOG's out there, is this a good deal for $80? I am trying to expand my palette and diversify my cigar collection, and some of these cigars seem to be highly talked about.

I was also eying the Pepin Sampler pack for $50.00 as a secondary choice:

The Pepin Garcia Introductory Sampler includes:
2 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generoso (6” x 50)
2 - Padilla Edicion Especial Achilles (6” x 50)
2 - 601 Serie Connecticut Robusto (5” x 50)
2 - 601 Serie Habano Robusto (5” x 50)
2 - CI Legends Series Pepin Garcia (5.75” x 54)

Any thoughts? Or would you spend the money on something else? Again, I'm trying to taste many different brands to see which one fits me, and then buy a box of whatever suits me the best.

I'm not a FOG bro, but I would def drop $60 on a CP newbie pass before I did that $80 super-premium buy. I'm not sure if Vegas 5 should be classified as a super-premium, or some of those others for that matter. JMO.

In case one of your reasons for being interested in that sampler was the humidor.....it is not really a "cigar band mosaic"...it is just a photograph of a bunch of cigar bands mounted on top of the humidor.

Being the noob that I am, I wanted to get some opinions. I was about to drop $80 on this, and it seems like it's good for the cigar's they are offering:

Combo includes:
2 - Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
2 - Gispert Churchill
2 - Graycliff Original PGX (toro)
2 - Gurkha Class Regent Toro
2 - Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Consul
2 - 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo
2 - Montecristo White Rothschilde
2 - Perdomo Reserve Cameroon 'E'
2 - Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2
2 - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro
PLUS
1 - Cigar Band Mosaic Humidor (20-capacity)

So to all you FOG's out there, is this a good deal for $80? I am trying to expand my palette and diversify my cigar collection, and some of these cigars seem to be highly talked about.

I was also eying the Pepin Sampler pack for $50.00 as a secondary choice:

The Pepin Garcia Introductory Sampler includes:
2 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generoso (6” x 50)
2 - Padilla Edicion Especial Achilles (6” x 50)
2 - 601 Serie Connecticut Robusto (5” x 50)
2 - 601 Serie Habano Robusto (5” x 50)
2 - CI Legends Series Pepin Garcia (5.75” x 54)

Any thoughts? Or would you spend the money on something else? Again, I'm trying to taste many different brands to see which one fits me, and then buy a box of whatever suits me the best.

I'm no FOG but I'll put in my 2 cents.

Skip the sampler and do a newbie trade. I received a wonderful assortment of cigars, some aged cigars, some high end cigars, and some that are great everyday smokes. It all depends on who you trade with and how much you trade for.

I'm guessing you saw this on CI, because i think i saw something similar awhile back. The only thing I'll say is that I usually dont trust their (CI) sampler "deals". I think they push a lot of junk. Some of these sticks on the list, i would be surprised if they are really 90+.

Being a new cigar guy, I don't feel like I have a lot to trade or contribute to a pass. I wonder if I can just get it touch with a veteran on the board and say, "Here's $60.00....I'll trust you to send me some sticks that you want to share with me." That way, I can get an assortment from a more experienced person, and they can take that money and get something else that they would want to have.

Being a new cigar guy, I don't feel like I have a lot to trade or contribute to a pass. I wonder if I can just get it touch with a veteran on the board and say, "Here's $60.00....I'll trust you to send me some sticks that you want to share with me." That way, I can get an assortment from a more experienced person, and they can take that money and get something else that they would want to have.

I think that is how most Newbie Sampler trades work. Or at least thats what I did in mine. Link

I think that is how most Newbie Sampler trades work. Or at least thats what I did in mine. Link

Do it SF! You will not be disappointed with the selection they send you. Just PM whoever is listed as next and they will ask what you are looking to try as a guideline. The rest is up to them and really you will obtain a broad range of sticks that will open your eyes! :thumbs: Do $50 or do $100 or put the $$$$ you were going to plop down for the sampler with the humi and get some quality sticks.

Charlie

The first sampler sucks out loud! The Pepin is ok. Do the newbie trade, you will be really happy with what you get for your money!Plus it will help you get to know some of the more established members!

....90 rated by whom...??.... :whistling:

This is exactly how a Noobie trade works. I did one when I first became a member and trust me - you can't do better for a great "starter" selection of smokes. Even if you've been enjoying the leaf for a while, personally I always seem to find new things to learn about or brands I've yet to try. You'll be getting a great selection of sticks, often aged and always properly cared for. You'll start to build a trading reputation, learn a few things, and possibly make a new friend in the process.... :cool:

Absolutely, positively, highly recommended - B.B.S.

....90 rated by whom...??.... :whistling:

This is exactly how a Noobie trade works. I did one when I first became a member and trust me - you can't do better for a great "starter" selection of smokes. Even if you've been enjoying the leaf for a while, personally I always seem to find new things to learn about or brands I've yet to try. You'll be getting a great selection of sticks, often aged and always properly cared for. You'll start to build a trading reputation, learn a few things, and possibly make a new friend in the process.... :cool:

Absolutely, positively, highly recommended - B.B.S.

X2! The Fogs that participate in the Newbie Trade Thread are definitely Paying it Foward. Don't hesitate SF. :thumbs: I did it twice. I got to know a few stand ups.

Thanks guys. I just PM'ed the next person on deck in the Newbie Trade. I look forward to participating and sharing my experience with you guys.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks guys. I just PM'ed the next person on deck in the Newbie Trade. I look forward to participating and sharing my experience with you guys.

Have a great weekend.

You won't be dissappointed. Like JFields, I also did it twice. I might sign up my girlfriend to CP so I can couple more times ; )

Seth