• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Birthday cigar review!

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Reaction score
Well, the girl got me a nice little surprise for my birthday, so y'all get a review! I havent been around too much lately, and not been smoking much, so here's a little review.

She picked me up a nice little cigar ashtray, and a few smokes from one of my favorite local B&M's. One of these smoked happened to be the newish CL3 by Araganese. I had the pleasure of meeting Gene Arganese at last years CP herf here in vegas, and had tried a few of his cigars in the past. This was definitely my favorite!
IMG_1015.jpg

It was a CL3 Torpedo, nice reddish brown in color, with a light feel, and clean construction. No major veins or any defects that I could see. It was paired with a bottle of Big Kahuna Cabernet Savignon (its cheap as dirt at Fresh and Easy, but one of the best cheap wines I've found),and watching Bullit, starring Steve McQueen.
IMG_1017.jpg

Starting out, from the first draw it was nice and spicy! It normally takes a few minutes of smoking for me to notice any main flavors, but there was spice from the start! I got a little further into it, and the flavor kept up. It was spicy, but not overly strong. A nice woody flavor that left a mark in my mouth between puffs.
IMG_1018.jpg

Getting a little deeper into the cigar, the spicy kept up. However, I was beginning to notice that the cigar was light and airy, not overwhelmingly strong, as many Liegros can be. It had the spiciness and flavor of other Ligeros or Corojo's tat I've smoked, but it wasn't as heavy, if that makes any sense. I think this is because of the lighter construction. It wasn't as dense and tightly packed as a lot of cigars, but this wasn't a bad thing.
IMG_1021.jpg

Around the last third, I was starting to get a bit of harshness, I had to purge. After purging I gave it a little more time between puffs and it stayed nice and cool and smooth. A few times I got carried away and kept puffing, and it got a little harsh again. As long as I slowed my pace and stayed consistent, it didn't get harsh. The woody flavors continued through the whole smoke, nice and strong, but not heavy.
IMG_1022.jpg

I'd like to add that this was one of the best burning cigars I've ever smoked. I maybe touched it up twice other than the purge.

I'd rate it a strong 7 out of 10. I know Arganese cigars tend to be more on the budget side of things, and this was a definite winner. I'd put it up against a Padron 3000 any day.

If you're a fan of Corojo's or Ligeros, give it a try. It wont give you the strength of a CAO LX2 or a Gurkha Triple Ligero (absolutely amazing smoke, for a Gurkha I'll review one soon), but the flavor is all there.

I'll definitely be stopping back in on Arganese cigars in the future. I hope y'all found this review helpful!

P.S. I drank the whole bottle of wine during this smoke.