• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A little help identifying my Humidor please...

kypo

Hi, I'm new to this site and was hoping that someone here can help identifying and valuating my humidors. I've searched the internet and can't find the Montecristo humidor anywhere. Its a limited edition and is numbered 311/500 on the front bottom right corner. The other is an Italian CAO humidor. I'm getting some offers from people I know but feel that they are too low, Montecristo $300 & CAO $150. Times are calling for me to sell but I can't let go these beautiful humidors unless the price seems right. Please help, any information you can give will greatly be appreciated.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110117317377468214086/May222011#5609661676991922994[/img]

What did you pay for them?

I bought the Montecristo about 12 to 15 years ago, it had a price tag of $450 but I paid $150 because I knew the guy and use to buy a lot from him. The CAO was purchased about 5 years ago with cigars in it for around $300.

I plan on selling them soon but I'm thinking at least $500 for both if not more, am I off the mark?

When do you plan to sell these? Are they already listed for sale?

Not listed, but don't really know the best place to sell them. Maybe eBay but I don't know much about the boxes and need some help in knowing what I really have. The Montecristo is a big humidor and is numbered, I'm thinking it might be worth more then the sticker price ($450) and definitely more then I paid for it.

Not listed, but don't really know the best place to sell them. Maybe eBay but I don't know much about the boxes and need some help in knowing what I really have. The Montecristo is a big humidor and is numbered, I'm thinking it might be worth more then the sticker price ($450) and definitely more then I paid for it.

You think you're getting more than $450 for a humidor with cracked and water soaked trays? Best of luck to you.

Kypo, you have an additional picture uploaded that seems to show a tray of cohibas covered with mold in your montecristo humidor. Maybe I am wrong, but they look to be covered with fuzzy white mold. Can you post that picture for us to evaluate?

Kypo, you have an additional picture uploaded that seems to show a tray of cohibas covered with mold in your montecristo humidor. Maybe I am wrong, but they look to be covered with fuzzy white mold. Can you post that picture for us to evaluate?

Maybe he likes them with plume!

Beside, he's asking about the humidor not his smokes! ;)

Your right, I haven't been a good keeper nor so much a smoker of these fine cigars since the kids were born and I deserve to be reprimanded. You think freezing them might help?

You think you're getting more than $450 for a humidor with cracked and water soaked trays? Best of luck to you.

Just sold both = $750 for the Monticresto and $100 for the CAO on ebay. I think I could have gotten a little more for the CAO but overall I'm happy! Apparently the Montecristo is a collectible.

Just sold both = $750 for the Monticresto and $100 for the CAO on ebay. I think I could have gotten a little more for the CAO but overall I'm happy! Apparently the Montecristo is a collectible.

Considering you can get the CAO brand new online for $100, you should be thankful you got that. Did you sell the Monte on ebay as well?

No. Because if its size, I did't want to deal with shipping and listed it on Craigs list to a local buyer. I started the price at 800 and settled for $750.

Can you please tell me where you found the CAO "new" for a hundred bucks? I was hoping someone would come through for me before I listed it. If I knew I'd get only $100 or possibly less, I wouldn't have sold it, I was thinking it more like $250.

No. Because if its size, I did't want to deal with shipping and listed it on Craigs list to a local buyer. I started the price at 800 and settled for $750.

Can you please tell me where you found the CAO "new" for a hundred bucks? I was hoping someone would come through for me before I listed it. If I knew I'd get only $100 or possibly less, I wouldn't have sold it, I was thinking it more like $250.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cao+italia+humidor

http://www.coronacigar.com/products/cao-italia-humidor.html