• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A little tip for you cigar shop owners

interscape

Once you've conditioned the market that brand x is only worth $3, soon all your cigars will only be worth $3, and it will be very tough convincing the same customers that others are worth much more.

link

ETA: I try to be funny and put it in the wrong forum...sorry.

Interesting article, which applies to anyone who sells any item in retail. Competing to be the lowest possible retailer in anything will eventually bite you in the ass, because no one wins. The bottom-feeding store gets the sale (for being the lowest price), but they don't make any money on the sale (and neither do the other stores who lost the sale to begin with). The only one who appears to win is the consumer is thankful to get a good deal, but no one is making any money and it will eventually backfire within the market after a while.

Maybe a little out of date:

"It's a new season for premium cigars, and time to cash in on what is still the hottest trend of the '90s."

Maybe a little out of date:

"It's a new season for premium cigars, and time to cash in on what is still the hottest trend of the '90s."

Weird part is if you look at the HTML it was written in 2000.

....and their list of "Top 20 Perceived Value" smokes just sucks....

Bahia Gold, Pleides, Butera, and Playboy? Are you sure this isn't a page out of a C.I. Catalog....??... :D

hmm well if this is 7-9 years old then they already proved them selves wrong as local B&M's are doing fine and internet retails are turning a fine profit...

....and their list of "Top 20 Perceived Value" smokes just sucks....

Bahia Gold, Pleides, Butera, and Playboy? Are you sure this isn't a page out of a C.I. Catalog....??... :D

You left out the Lars Tetens! Is there a vomit smiley?

Interesting read......albeit a little dated. Wonder what will happen now that the Supreme Court has ruled manufacturers can now set their product's minimum retail price?

Article