• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A North Texas Herf

Status
Not open for further replies.
As suggested by Horse, what do you guys think of this?

Kenny and Anita Wiles' newest venture, the Tap-Inn is a Restaurant and Bar that features an old English Pub style atmosphere. The Tap-Inn features a full menu, a fantastic Bar, and of course a pipe & cigar smoking friendly atmosphere. The Tap-Inn features great live music on Friday & Saturday. You will always find your favorite sporting events playing on our 6 TV sets,including a huge 100 inch big screen. The Tap-Inn hours are 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday thru Saturday, and Sunday 12 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tap-Inn is located next to Ole Grapevine Cigar at 120 S. Main St in Grapevine, Texas. (817)329-3117

Notice that they close at 6PM on Sundays so I need some ideas. If we put this off till after the 1st, then we can try and do it on a Saturday when they are open till Midnight, or we might want to choose a different place all together. Let me know what you think.

I kind of like the idea of a party room like at the other place, myself. Too hard to get to know all you great guys in a loud bar ;)

Ok... in terms of dates, I'm only available the 28th or before. I think PB said something about not being able to do it that weekend (prior to the evening of the 28th). I'm not sure. However, if it's in the best interest of the group to do it later (ie: after the 28th)... then I'll just have to miss it (unfortunately :()

vewyphishy said:
Ok... in terms of dates, I'm only available the 28th or before. I think PB said something about not being able to do it that weekend (prior to the evening of the 28th). I'm not sure. However, if it's in the best interest of the group to do it later (ie: after the 28th)... then I'll just have to miss it (unfortunately :()
Not any way you could make it up one weekend in January?

It doesn't have to be on a sunday ... we chose Sunday that weekend because of a restriction that PB had.

I guess I could... depends on the date. Only days I know I have available are the ones listed above. The rest are a "wait and see" type deal. :(

Sounds great Charlie!!!

Phishy man, we will do all we can to make sure you can make it dude. If you have advance Notice would that make it easier to get a Saturday Herf later on??

I'll do what I can... but no guarantees. Just plan one that accomodates the group the best. Then I'll do what I can to attend. :)

Going tomorrow to the Wizzards Location to check on particulars of the SkyBox, will post that information ASAP

OK Guys, I called Wizzards and talked about the SkyBOX. It will cost us $18/hr with a Minimum of 2 hours and they normally require 15 people to reserve a skybox. She said we could get away with 10 if we put on the form that we are expecting 15+.

I may not have been the best one to organize this as they require a Credit Card for the reservation and any food preordered like the "$60 deli tray for 15". We can do Cash and Cary for drinks. But unfortunately I do not OWN a credit card :(

So unless you guys want to just grab some tables when we get there and do our own thing, I will need someone to take over for my sorry butt.

Is it $18 per hour per person or just a flat $18 per hour for the room regardless of the people?

What day have we decided on and how many people will it be? If its at least 10, then I really suggest the Skybox. And if what we need is a CC to reserve, I can use mine.

Explain "Cash and Carry for the food and drinks." Do we want pre-ordered food?

LMK

Let's say we do this on the 28th of Dec as planned, say about 6PM at Wizzards in Richardson as we had planned.

I need a head count so please post here if you will be able to make it!!!

If you can't be there, tell me what we would need to do to change that

I just recieved a PM from Mr. Padilla!

The cigars fro our event are ready to ship. I provided my Addy!

Come on, let's roll this thing out here and see who all will be there

Okay, I can't make it on the 28th. I'm going to be out of town.

However, RainzEdge and I went to City Cigars today at 75 and Knox and asked them about their roller. Dora said that the roller is $200/hr and you have to commit to buying 100 cigars. HOWEVER, she also said that if we want to stop by the store, we can call ahead of time and the roller will be there, and she'll have drinks for everyone.

Regardless of if you decide to stop by there at the herf, you guys in Dallas should REALLY shoot by there and pick up a couple of their house-rolled smokes. We each had a robusto natural today, and it was even better than the Maduro I reviewed a while back. :thumbs:

OK, we are not getting anywhere here. I think we need to put this off till after the Hollidays. Too many things going on between now and Jan 1. So let me take that time to rethink this and come up with a Whiz Bang of a herf. :D

PuroBrat said:
OK, we are not getting anywhere here. I think we need to put this off till after the Hollidays. Too many things going on between now and Jan 1. So let me take that time to rethink this and come up with a Whiz Bang of a herf. :D
:thumbs:

Me too Phishy, and that still won't stop some of us from meeting up while you are here and MiniHerfin, but thought it best to postpone the full blown Herf till later

Status
Not open for further replies.