• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Plastic smell coming from the Tubes with Beads

Bill Clinton

Part of the Ron Jeremy Generation
Reaction score
I have a question here that concerns my 400+ count footlocker humidor. About 1 1/2 to 2 months ago, I purchased 3 plastic tubes with the beads in them from Viper to help regulate the humidity inside my humidor.
I noticed that each of the 3 plastic tubes which I purchased that are inside my humidor are giving off a faint "plastic" smell. The plastic tubes contain the beads inside of them and they have been inside my humidor now for over 1 1/2 to 2 months. The plastic smell doesn't smell that bad, but it is present inside my humidor and it's coming from the plastic tubes.

Does anybody else in here who has these plastic tubes with the beads in them inside their humidor also have this "plastic" smell coming from the plastic tubes? Is this smell going to get inside my cigars and ruin them?

I was told by Viper that the smell goes away after 6 months or so. Do you think that my cigars will taste okay with the plastic smell that the tubes are giving off inside my humidor? I am unable to place the beads in any other type of container because there is very limited space in my 400+ count footlocker humidor and because the humidor is filled to the top with boxes full of cigars. I keep the lid of each box of cigars open about a 1/4" inch in order to allow the humidity inside the humidor to circulate inside each cigar box.

I want to be able to keep the beads inside each of the 3 plastic tubes because of the limited and tight space in my humidor. I would like to know if it's going to be safe for the plastic tubes with the beads inside them to remain inside my humidor even though they are giving off a faint plastic smell?
This faint plastic smell isn't going to get on my cigars and ruin them, is it?
Viper told me to not worry about it and that the plastic smell from the tubes will eventually go away with time.
I am only worried about this because I noticed that the plastic smell from the plastic tubes that I'm currently smelling inside my humidor smells close to the same strength as it did since the first day that I placed them inside my humidor. Is this anything to worry about? I have 3 boxes of naked Padrons inside this humidor with 6 other boxes of different cigars and I don't want them to get ruined from this faint plastic smell that's coming from the plastic tubes that contain the beads inside them.

Your input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George G.

Bill Clinton said:
I have a question here that concerns my 400+ count footlocker humidor. About 1 1/2 to 2 months ago, I purchased 3 plastic tubes with the beads in them from Viper to help regulate the humidity inside my humidor.
I noticed that each of the 3 plastic tubes which I purchased that are inside my humidor are giving off a faint "plastic" smell. The plastic tubes contain the beads inside of them and they have been inside my humidor now for over 1 1/2 to 2 months. The plastic smell doesn't smell that bad, but it is present inside my humidor and it's coming from the plastic tubes.

Does anybody else in here who has these plastic tubes with the beads in them inside their humidor also have this "plastic" smell coming from the plastic tubes? Is this smell going to get inside my cigars and ruin them?

I was told by Viper that the smell goes away after 6 months or so. Do you think that my cigars will taste okay with the plastic smell that the tubes are giving off inside my humidor? I am unable to place the beads in any other type of container because there is very limited space in my 400+ count footlocker humidor and because the humidor is filled to the top with boxes full of cigars. I keep the lid of each box of cigars open about a 1/4" inch in order to allow the humidity inside the humidor to circulate inside each cigar box.

I want to be able to keep the beads inside each of the 3 plastic tubes because of the limited and tight space in my humidor. I would like to know if it's going to be safe for the plastic tubes with the beads inside them to remain inside my humidor even though they are giving off a faint plastic smell?
Viper told me to not worry about it and that the plastic smell from the tubes will eventually go away with time.
I am only worried about this because I noticed that the plastic smell from the plastic tubes that I'm currently smelling inside my humidor smells close to the same strength as it did since the first day that I placed them inside my humidor. Is this anything to worry about? I have 3 boxes of naked Padrons inside this humidor with 6 other boxes of different cigars and I don't want them to get ruined from this faint plastic smell that's coming from the plastic tubes that contain the beads inside them.

Your input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George G.
[snapback]263160[/snapback]​

I asked about this today on CS. Viper replied that the odor should leave the tubes fine, but in the mean time will have no effect on your stogies.

Hope this helps.

I was told the same thing by Viper. I am noticing that the plastic smell is not that strong, but it's still present inside my humidor. It seems that the plastic odor inside my humidor has the same strength as it did when I first placed the tubes in the humidor. The strength of the odor has not lessened at all and it's been about 1 1/2 months now since I placed the tubes with the beads inside my humidor. I just hope that this odor will not pose as a problem and ruin my cigars if the odor doesn't go away. I have very expensive boxes of cigars in this particular humidor.

I bought the aluminum-block with the beads... two things I have noticed.

1) I have no problems with humidity flux due to the large holes in the block.

2) No smell

Why not pour the beads into some glass petri-dishes and replace them in your humidor, untill the tube's plastic smell goes away if your worried about it.

Does anybody else in here who has these plastic tubes with the beads in them inside their humidor also have this "plastic" smell coming from the plastic tubes?

NO

Is this smell going to get inside my cigars and ruin them?

NO

Do you think that my cigars will taste okay with the plastic smell that the tubes are giving off inside my humidor?

YES

I would like to know if it's going to be safe for the plastic tubes with the beads inside them to remain inside my humidor even though they are giving off a faint plastic smell?

YES, it will be safe

NO

Is this anything to worry about?

NO

Thanks,
George G.

"George G."??? I thought I'd been talking to the 42nd president all this time.......