• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A politeful request to Rod and the Admin team of Cigar Pass

RedditCigars

This is a great community, and we respect it very much. Lately, one of the Cigar Pass admin has been spamming our cigar community: Reddit Cigars. We are assuming it is Rod since he is the one that runs your twitter account and his email @actionmedia.com matches the account name in question 'Actionmedia' which he uses on Reddit.  We understand good content, and we will never remove it, but all the posts contain are advertisements within our forum. We have messaged his account, and have attempted email towards the admin of Cigar Pass, but no response, so we politely ask here. 

As we respect your community, please respect ours. Thank you, and smoke on.

The Reddit Cigars Community

Dear Anonymous Poster,

Reddit is an open/micro-blogging website.  The posts we have made to Reddit have all been cigar related.  I find it interesting that you consider my posts to contain advertisements.  You state that you "messaged" me about this and never received a response.  Quite the contrary; you never emailed me.  If so, I would have seen it in my inbox and responded.

Now for a little history...  Reddit is similar to Yahoo Groups.  A company actually owns the blogging platform, and you're simply someone who "mods" a group.  In this case, the cigar group.  I find it very interesting that you and a few other "mods" decided to start your own cigar forum, and have been migrating people from Reddit to your new forum (which will remain nameless).  I see that as a conflict of interest.  Funny how there was never an issue with us posting articles/links prior to the launch of your new cigar forum.

On top of that, your cigar forum stole the forum rules that I wrote at CP. Sure, you changed some of the wording around, however the majority of those rules were developed and written by CigarPass.com. Heck, some of the rules/wording is verbatim just as it's posted on CP, and even posted in the same order!

I will continue to post articles of interest to Reddit, as that's what it's there for.  

If you feel that my posts are "spam", ban me.

MoeCizlak said:
My boner's boner just got a boner.
Pics or it didn't happen!

ahhh...there's are the guys that emailed me back in February...I don't know how they got my email other than site mining.

Interesting!

C'mon Rod, post their link, I want to go to war.

Doc

And you won't.

These guys are outta Chi-town...now the pieces are falling into place.

grateful1 said:

ahhh...there's are the guys that emailed me back in February...I don't know how they got my email other than site mining.

Interesting!

So they actually spammed you via email asking you to join their site?  This certainly does get more interesting! 

I cannot believe what I am hearing, I am leaving CP right now because of Rod's behavior and I will only go to their website from now on...    I mean posting about cigars on a cigar forum, who does he think he is.

I can't think of another reason someone with a cigar forum would come on here and post something this like..   I mean unless he is trying for a shamelessful advertising plug for his site or something.

Edit:  Is politeful a real word? 

Rod said:

Interesting!
I can't say I remember how I got to there site. I recall an email...but I may not have been.

I'll try to go back over how I came to it.

So they actually spammed you via email asking you to join their site?  This certainly does get more interesting! 

I unbanned the anonymous poster should they decide to respond.

Whats Reddit?

ETA: Found it and I joined....please feel free to contact me there as 'ironpeddlerthedouche'.

ETA II: I bet they have a 'brown skin'.

I sincerely apologize for posting publicly about this, I should have made a better attempt to contact you privately to deal with this matter.