• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A-ROD

Should the NYY take him back, or is the cost too much

He's a loser! How many rings does he have? The Yankees should take the money and get two or three players that want to be Yankees.

I am not a Yankee fan but he doesn't make the team better.

I'll take Mike Lowell any day over A-Rod.

Doc.

They should take him back. So I can laugh at all the Yankee fans who stood together so proudly a couple weeks ago, praising Cashman for saying under no circumstances would they negotiate with him if he opted out. :laugh:

They should take him back. So I can laugh at all the Yankee fans who stood together so proudly a couple weeks ago, praising Cashman for saying under no circumstances would they negotiate with him if he opted out. :laugh:
Exactly what I was thinking! :laugh:

27 mill a year they can get a ton more tallent. I gust read his proposed contract 27 mill a year

You guys are nuts! 27 Mil a year is a bargin!
A-Rod ate a bit of crow here and as a Yankee fan I like that.
He could have gone other places and got a similar or better contract but admitted to his agents foolishness and decided he wanted to remain with the greatest franchise in the history of the world!!

Cry some more you jealous people :laugh:

...for saying under no circumstances would they negotiate with him if he opted out.

It's for this reason that I am less of a Yankees fan today than I was yesterday.

The Rangers must be loving him big time right now...

Alex Rodriguez made the Yankees much better this year. Without him, they wouldn't have even been in the playoff discussion, much less in the playoffs.

It's true he hasn't won a ring, but it is interesting that his post season stats are always brought up. Here are some stats to ponder:

25 games 89 AB .247 1 HR 10 RBI .323 OBP .337 SLG

39 games 147 AB .279 7 HR 17 RBI .361 OBP .483 SLG

The top is Willie Mays and the bottom is Rodriguez. It seems the only stat that Mays is better is number of rings: 1.

I can't stand him. I don't think he's much of a team player, but there's no arguing that he has talent and he is a great player. I think the Yankees should not take him back because they said they wouldn't, not because he isn't a great player. Besides, they need to spend the money on pitching and getting some younger players in there. Most of that roster aren't exactly at the peak of their careers.

now that the Yankees have A-Rod I'd move Melky, Ian Kennedy and Cano to the Twins for Johan Santana.

I like A-Rod coming back. Now focus on mid-relief and !st base. Wouldn't Mike Lowell look great playing first for the Yanks? And David Riske in relief? Maybe even give Kerry Wood a look too. If he can stay healthy he's a steal for reliever right now.

Some of my co-workers were figuring it out today, if he gets what he wants per year, it equals roughly 166,000 per game...18,500 per inning. Is anyone really worth that?

Some of my co-workers were figuring it out today, if he gets what he wants per year, it equals roughly 166,000 per game...18,500 per inning. Is anyone really worth that?

No, in no way shape or form. Basically, it's people like him to make a travesty of any professional team sport. Trivia, who knows who the 1st million dollar contract in team sports was for??

Has anyone ever noticed how many fans support contracts like he wants for the {admittedly} superior players and then bitch, whine and moan that a decent seat to a home is $$$, a jersy is $80 and a team hat is $35???

now that the Yankees have A-Rod I'd move Melky, Ian Kennedy and Cano to the Twins for Johan Santana.

:sign:

How much crack are you going to include for Bill Smith to smoke before making that deal?

All you people who don't want him are nuts. The guy is a consistent producer, is never injured, a good fielder, and is on pace to shatter Bond's record. He'll help any team to the playoffs. During the playoffs, it'll be pitching that counts, something that the Yankees have sorely lacked since the 2001 season. Sure his contract is outrageous, but its not his contract that'll bury you, it's having contracts to non-producing players that'll bury you. This is something that the Dbacks know about very well with Johnson this season, Glaus, Gonzo, and Green last season, and Sexson before that. Its having huge contracts to people that do not produce that will kill you. He and Manny Ramirez are two of the very few sure things in baseball. Neither are considered "team players" but they sure make their respective teams better. I would jump for joy if the Dbacks could actually afford to bring him to AZ. How can you not root to have the best player in baseball on your team?

No, in no way shape or form. Basically, it's people like him to make a travesty of any professional team sport. Trivia, who knows who the 1st million dollar contract in team sports was for??

Has anyone ever noticed how many fans support contracts like he wants for the {admittedly} superior players and then bitch, whine and moan that a decent seat to a home is $$$, a jersy is $80 and a team hat is $35???

First million dollar contract was for Dave Winfield I believe.

I think the Yankee contract to Lowell was just a ploy to get the Sox to bid more. There is not enough talent in the Sox system to trade for Cabrera and there few other options at third. They have to bid again. That's also why the Yanks and A-Rod came back to the table to talk.

Bring on Santana!! It's Uncle Goergies Christmas present to NY.

Fish

All you people who don't want him are nuts. The guy is a consistent producer, is never injured, a good fielder, and is on pace to shatter Bond's record. He'll help any team to the playoffs. During the playoffs, it'll be pitching that counts, something that the Yankees have sorely lacked since the 2001 season. Sure his contract is outrageous, but its not his contract that'll bury you, it's having contracts to non-producing players that'll bury you. This is something that the Dbacks know about very well with Johnson this season, Glaus, Gonzo, and Green last season, and Sexson before that. Its having huge contracts to people that do not produce that will kill you. He and Manny Ramirez are two of the very few sure things in baseball. Neither are considered "team players" but they sure make their respective teams better. I would jump for joy if the Dbacks could actually afford to bring him to AZ. How can you not root to have the best player in baseball on your team?

Sam I do not question his ability as a ball player. He is just not a team player> It is about him, similar to how Barry Bonds behaves to the detriment/distraction of the team. His demands are famous and the man has no humility.

The numbers speak for themselves, he is an animal! He should be the highest paid player and I would never argue that. Would I want the distraction that he is on my team? That is the $64,000 question.