• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A thank you to a B&M in NC

KenM10759

I just wanted to express my thanks to a shop that took care of my extreme need while on a business trip to the Carolinas. Sorry it's been a few days, I should have posted as soon as I got back.

I had flown into Charlotte NC on a Wednesday with just a couple of cigars. I was to visit a customer in Westminster SC, then fly home on Friday. Between the 2 states I was in, I figured I'd have no problem getting a few cigars in such a "tobacco friendly" area. Timing is everything though. I was just about out of cigars when I got back to Charlotte on Thursday late afternoon. I tried to get a flight out that night, insted of waiting for my booked flight on Friday morning. No dice, the airline (Useless Airways) wanted some $543 more out of me for a flight the initially cost $219 for the round trip.

So, we (I was with a co-worker who was driving from his home in WV) got hotel rooms for the night, and I fired up the PC to find cigar stores nearby. I "Googled" cigar shops in Charlotte, and wrote down the closest 3 and their phone numbers. The closest closed while my co-worker talked on the phone with our boss. So, onto No.2. I called "Smoker's Edge" and we got there minutes before they closed thank to his GPS. Stupid me, I had failed to ask what kind of cigars they had, as I had done with the first shop. It turned out to be a head shop, not one tobacco product in the place.

I called No.3 on the list, it appeared to be the furthest out. It was shown as being in the middle of Charlotte, we were on the northwest side. They said they were closing in 10 minutes, but were were 20 minutes away according to the GPS. The clerk said "If you're sure you're coming, I'll wait". We got to the address shown, only to find an empty storefront! I called in a panic, and the clerk reaslized we were in the place they moved from over a year ago. "You're about six or seven miles from us, all traffic." He said he might be there, as he was trying to fix a problem with their credit card system. "Better bring cash", he said.

Nuts. I use my CC for everything, carry very little green. My coworker said he'd spot me. Cool. We got to "Cigars Etc.2" and the place was dark. Door locked. I saw movement inside and knocked. The door opened and I was greeted by a nice young man who asked "Did I talk to you on the phone?". Yes, confirmed.

I got $36 worth of cigars for the night and the next morning (my flight left at 11:30 a.m.), and am grateful my coworker for driving all over the place for me, and to the guy at the shop! Fair prices too, and a really well-stocked walk-in humidor. Support this local retailer, they deserve it.

Ya' can't get service like that over the Internet! :thumbs: Everything has its purpose.

You can feel the gratitude in your words...good job on their part.

LOL, I was waiting for the shop clerk to jump out at you i Rocky Horror style.

Nice story but it would help if the NC brothers and visitors for that matter, know the name and address of the shop ???

Brian

Nice story but it would help if the NC brothers and visitors for that matter, know the name and address of the shop ???

Brian

We got to "Cigars Etc.2" and the place was dark. Door locked. I saw movement inside and knocked. The door opened and I was greeted by a nice young man who asked "Did I talk to you on the phone?". Yes, confirmed.
Them eyes gettin' a little old there B1 :laugh:

I don't recall the address of the shop because I was neither driving nor entering the address into the GPS. I just repeated was was told to me over the phone by the clerk to the driver.

However, as iron peddler has pointed out, the name of the shop is Cigars Etc.2

Brian

We got to "Cigars Etc.2" and the place was dark. Door locked. I saw movement inside and knocked. The door opened and I was greeted by a nice young man who asked "Did I talk to you on the phone?". Yes, confirmed.
:blush: LOL, I guess so. Reading with my dick again. :laugh:

Brian

Brian

Brian
Well Brian, it's plain to see that your dick needs glasses :whistling: :laugh:

I have visited that store a few times. I live about 10 miles from their store and the owners are some nice folks. It was a little hard for me to find and I have lived near Charlotte most of my life. The last time I was there was for a Drew Estate thingy. I drove all the way over there, just so I could get a Liga Privada no. 9. The Drew Estate Rep had boxes of Chateau Real, Java, and Acid out for people to sample. I asked him," where is the Liga Privada no. 9's,lol." He told me he didn't have any, but said hold on, let me go look in my car. He came back and handed me his only one. I thanked him greatly and told him that is the only reason I drove all the way there :rolleyes:. Anyways, good people at the Cigars Etc2 store though!

Brian

Brian
Well Brian, it's plain to see that your dick needs glasses :whistling: :laugh:
Touch'e Gary...ROTFLMFAO :laugh:

Brian

I believe everything execpt the part about a client in Westminster. I live about 15 minutes from there. That town is really a 1/2 horse podunk. No respectable "client" would be there.

:sign:

In reality though, if you find yourself back down this way and in a cigar emergency, let me know. I have a back deck, a humidor, and a well-stocked wet-bar.

Good heads up on the Charlotte tobacconists, I will be up that way myself next week on business. I will definately check them out.

Doug

I believe everything execpt the part about a client in Westminster. I live about 15 minutes from there. That town is really a 1/2 horse podunk. No respectable "client" would be there.

:sign:

In reality though, if you find yourself back down this way and in a cigar emergency, let me know. I have a back deck, a humidor, and a well-stocked wet-bar.

Good heads up on the Charlotte tobacconists, I will be up that way myself next week on business. I will definately check them out.

Doug

Au contraire. Unbeknownst to you, there's a manufacturer there (if not in the town, extremely close to it) who's name rhymes with Worg Borner. ;)

The company I work for has their carbide insert manufacturing plant there too. I got a personal tour, very cool. If I'm ever back down that way, I'll give you a shout. Thanks, fellow BOTL!

Au contraire. Unbeknownst to you, there's a manufacturer there (if not in the town, extremely close to it) who's name rhymes with Worg Borner.

The company I work for has their carbide insert manufacturing plant there too. I got a personal tour, very cool. If I'm ever back down that way, I'll give you a shout. Thanks, fellow BOTL!

Ahh, but that is in Seneca, not Westminster.
Seneca has an entire horse. Not just 1/2 of one.

And carbide inserts? Hmmm.....US Engine Valve?

CE2 is a nice shop with a nice selection,good people and when they get Anejos and other Kool Aid thety do not gouge