• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid Reflux?

I'll give you the best medical advice you've ever had. Don't ask for medical advice on cigar boards, even ones with med students as members. Go see your flippin' doctor.

Doc.

Doc is right you might get someone like me who has acid reflux and about 100 other things on his made up by drug company BS disease list. ADHD, ADD and dry mouth, being near the top.

I'll give you the best medical advice you've ever had. Don't ask for medical advice on cigar boards, even ones with med students as members. Go see your flippin' doctor.

Doc.

The appointment's already booked. I figured a cigar board would be the best place to ask if anyone who smoked cigars was effected by acid reflux and what their experience was.

Glad you are going to see an MD! I am plagued by reflux. I work midnights as a hospital pharmacist, and I'm fond of cajun food at 4am! Mine progressed to the point that I have to have them go in and take a look every couple of years and take samples (pre Barrett's esophagus). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002128/

I've tried every PPI made. Prevacid works better for me and I've been told that by others as well (I don't know why it should be better other than it may have a better delivery system than the others).

One of the docs here from India gave me some good advice (other than losing weight)! He suggested in addition to the Prevacid, eat a light early dinner and have an apple for dessert. It's made a big difference!

Don't worry about the scope if they feel the need to do one on you. They will give you a little Versed or Diprivan and you won't feel a thing during or after the procedure.

Please don't put this off! Barrett's is a tough road to travel!

I've been on prescreption Nexium for a couple of years. I sleep all night, don't worry about what I eat (but I don't push it), and smoke all the cigars I want. Works for me.

B.B.S.

Had my endoscopy this morning. Doc says it all looks good, just some minor irritation.

Thanks to everyone for all the info, PM's etc. Time to get smokin' again!