• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Addition to our family

stlboarder

Yesterday I drove over to Illinois and got an American Pit Bull Terrier from an animal rescue. She's a 12 week old female. We haven't been able to come up with a name for her yet.
IMG00042-20090516-0932.jpg

Her dad and 3 pregnant females were rescued during a meth bust. Her mom is being sent to a Pit Bull rescue on Monday. I wish I could have gotten her too, but I think my wife would have killed me if I came home with 2. lol My beagle is running laps around her so far. But once she grows into her paws she's gonna be boss. lol

Yeah... she has a great temperment and personality. She just follows me around the house all day. We've decided to name her Molly by the way.

WOW....talk about "things in common..."
We just did the same thing about 3wks ago, rescued this one from a crack house eating only the butt ends of Taco Smell burritos and things of than nature...WHEN, those idiots decided to eat, she ate, poor thing was a rack of bones and starved when we 1st got her. And it took us, or me...about this whole 3wks just to name her finally!!!

Say Hello to Crackhouse "Allie"

med_gallery_9615_1170_271983.jpg

med_gallery_9615_1170_23145.jpg

Good looking pup Sportster. How old is she? It's sad these dogs get such a bad wrap from the media. They're the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet. Except towards the squirrels. lol Actually the American Temperament test society rated the "Pit Bull" as having a better temperament than Beagles and Golden Retrievers. Also Cocker Spaniels, Dalmations, and Chihuahuas have attacked more people than Pit Bulls.

Ah well... they're beautiful dogs and no one is gonna take her from me.

Good looking pup Sportster. How old is she? It's sad these dogs get such a bad wrap from the media. They're the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet. Except towards the squirrels. lol Actually the American Temperament test society rated the "Pit Bull" as having a better temperament than Beagles and Golden Retrievers. Also Cocker Spaniels, Dalmations, and Chihuahuas have attacked more people than Pit Bulls.

Ah well... they're beautiful dogs and no one is gonna take her from me.
How many Chihuahuas have actually killed people though (and kids for that matter)?

I don't disagree that Pits have a great temperament, but it's all in how they are raised. I'm not knocking your decision to own a Pitbull, just trying to save some Beagle, Dalmation, and Chihuahua face...

I know what you're saying. I own a Beagle by the way. I think if I heard a chihuahua killed someone I would laugh. I was just trying to convey that they are given a bad name because of people's ignorance and fear. I'm not trying to start a debate or anything.

This is a pretty interesting link. It shows 25 dogs. Only 1 of them is a Pit Bull. All the rest are mistaken as one by the media and general public. See if you can pick the correct breed. Link

EDIT: I completely agree that the most important factor in how a dog acts is the owner and how he/she trains them.

I gotta give you and Sportster big time kudos on the rescue of the Pitbulls they are a great breed with a bad rap,and they need all the help they can get!Great job guys!!!!

Thats very cool of you guys rescuing pit bulls.... They are adorable dogs when raised normally as I expect both of these dogs will be playful happy dogs for the rest of their life!!!!!

Doodlebug??!! Ewww!

She tells me her name is "Maggie"

Yesssss Mister Bruce I said Doodle Bug LOL And for the record, for our next dog, I was veto'd for Doodle Bug...I do not know why people hate on that LOL :p

I would have named her doodle bug but I just can't see myself trying to train her and call her that. Can you imagine what you would think if you saw a 240lb powerlifter walking a 60lb Pitbull calling her doodle bug? I mean come on. lol

I know what you're saying. I own a Beagle by the way. I think if I heard a chihuahua killed someone I would laugh. I was just trying to convey that they are given a bad name because of people's ignorance and fear. I'm not trying to start a debate or anything.

This is a pretty interesting link. It shows 25 dogs. Only 1 of them is a Pit Bull. All the rest are mistaken as one by the media and general public. See if you can pick the correct breed. Link

EDIT: I completely agree that the most important factor in how a dog acts is the owner and how he/she trains them.

Here's my newest addition, Daisy. 12 week old chihuahua... sleeping on my shoulder. The cuteness kills me every time I look at her!

bbf.jpg

In highschool I dated this girl that had a chihuahua. It was a mean little bastard that would ninja sneak attack you. We'd be sitting there on the couch and you'd hear those little paws running. But by the time you looked she'd be gone and you wouldn't know where she is. Till bam! Little chihuahua nawing at you. lol

Back