• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Hemmingway Signature

MonkeyK

Next up in my Arturo Fuente tour came the Hemmingway. The ones I have left are an esquisito, and a Brevas (from my new niece's daddy).

I really can't say too much about this cigar.

It was fun to light it from the nib --which worked great. The burn was even. The ash held for about an inch.

But flavorwise, it was unimpressive. It had a ciggarette like taste (slightly bitter) and burned rather hot (adding to the bitter taste). There was a slight nuttyness which promissed more than ever appeared. I smoked it for about two inches worth and it stayed the same the whole time.

Maybe the starting with Wade's Don Carlos raised my expectations (the robusto must've had some age cause it was way too smooth). Maybe this was a bad example of a Hemmingway. Maybe this one is just not for me.

I'm near the end of my tour. By the end I'll have tried:
Don Carlos #3
Don Carlos Belicoso
Hemmingway Signature
Esquisito
Brevas ("It's a girl")
If there is something that I should definitely not miss, let me know (If someone is willing, I'd happily trade for them --from my existing stock that is, since I can't seem to fit anything more into my cooler).

-Mike

MonkeyK said:
If there is something that I should definitely not miss, let me know (If someone is willing, I'd happily trade for them --from my existing stock that is, since I can't seem to fit anything more into my cooler).
You definately need to try some of Fuente's Sungrowns :thumbs:

I happen to be smoking a Chateau Fuente Sun Grown. I'd recommend trying a SG too.

I'd also give a Hem. Classic and/or Short Story a chance. I love both.

PM me if you need any of these.

Actually I think the Montesino (another Fuente product) is a better sun grown imo. Give the Beli #2 a try.

Here here, I really like the Beli #2. I like the Fuente sungrowns too. I've arranged for MonkeyK to be able to try some. :sneaky:

The Cuban Corona and Chateau Fuente in Sungrown are good gars. The Double Chat is ok, but I find it tars up. The maduro in both Chat and Double Chat are decent cigars, but the naturals don't do anything for me. 858 in Nat and Mad are always welcome in my humidor, and the 858 SG is a very nice cigar. I don't care for the Hemingway series too much at all. But I have never had a Hemmi Maduro. Don Carlos are really good cigars, if a tad on the mild side. But like the Opus, they are not worth buying at a mark up.

Emo

I like the Hemmi's....maybe yours was an exception to the quality rule. I like the DC Presedentie also

Finally tried a Short Story from my trade with Other1. My impression of the Hemmingway remains the same. :whistling:

Just happens to be nothing special to me.

I really enjoyed the Hemi Classic, enough to get a cab of it the other day. To me the smoke is satisfyingly tasty, with the right amount of finish and an ever so slight sweetness to it.

Of course, different smokes for different folks, which makes this cigar smoking thing we have so much fun. :thumbs:

MonkeyK said:
Finally tried a Short Story from my trade with Other1. My impression of the Hemmingway remains the same. :whistling:

Just happens to be nothing special to me.
[snapback]158155[/snapback]​

Might I suggest you try a Hemmingway Maduro. Bet you would change your mind. :D

macupdale said:
You gotta try the 858 in Natural and Maduro! :0
[snapback]111915[/snapback]​

I agree. My very first AF was an 8-5-8 natural. I thought it was good but then I tried the 8-5-8 maduro. Yummy. I have been hooked ever since. Have now tried AF Anejo #49 (great cigar!) and ordered a SS to try. Was also able to get a Hemingway Signature Sun Grown the other day at my local retailer. Can't wait to try that one.

Personally, I always give a cigar two chances before I decide I don't like it just in case the first one was a dud. I'd try another Hemi Sig before you make up your mind. If you don't like the second one, then I guess it's not the cigar for you. I love them though :)

Eric

Wow, to each his own but I have never had a bad Signature. That sucks that you didn't like it.

Just got back from my weekly smoke with some friends and had the Hemi Signature. I thought it was really good. Very smooth draw, lots of smoke, flavorful. Everything you want it a good cigar. Can't wait to try the other Hemis in the line (in Maduro if I can find them). Only thing I didn't like about this cigar was the wrapper. Apparently they keep switching between sun grown and aged something or other on the Hemi line and I don't know what this one was (not maduro).