• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aging clarification

rigo

When you say you have aged a box for lets say 3 years, do you mean from the date of purchase or the date on the box (if it's available)? For example if I have a box dated Oct 05 but I purchased it Jan 07 has it been aged 1 year or just over 2 years? Thanks....

From the date on the box!

Brian

Ditto Infinity

Or, if you have a box that doesn't state the age, then just go by the date you bought it on.

Then it looks like I'm getting close to finally smoking some cigars I wanted to put away to age several years. Thanks.

Even if the box is dated, I always write the "humi date" on the bottom of the box for reference. Nice to know..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Yeah I keep box code and purchase/humi info on an excel sheet. Very handy....
[/quote]

Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that... :whistling: Are you an accountant too?

-Frank

Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that... :whistling: Are you an accountant too?

-Frank

There's at least three of us then. I do that as well (but I only have single sticks, no boxes).

I'm not an accountant, but rather, an engineer. Just as bad, huh?

Cheers,
Chris

-Frank

There's at least three of us then. I do that as well (but I only have single sticks, no boxes).

Cheers,
Chris

I do it as well. I keep track of every stick via excel spreadsheet...including dates, costs, codes, gifts, where it's from, what box it's in, how I liked it, etc. Not an accountant, but I am very mathematical. I'm told that virgo's are methodical and finicky as well. :rolleyes:

-Frank

Cheers,
Chris

I do it as well. I keep track of every stick via excel spreadsheet...including dates, costs, codes, gifts, where it's from, what box it's in, how I liked it, etc. Not an accountant, but I am very mathematical. I'm told that virgo's are methodical and finicky as well. :rolleyes:

As far as the original question, the date on the box.

I TRY and do what rectifythis does (spreadsheet with all that same info) but I've been lazy lately.... :(

-Frank

I'm in education and use excel a lot... I pretty much make sure to keep it up to date, but the one thing it's missing that I want to add soon is an MSRP column. Usually I just open it up to narrow down the next smoke I want to have instead of digging through the humis.

Cheers,
Chris

Another engineer here (just got my PE!) who does the same with excel (I've got a mix of single sticks and boxes). Still pretty new to cigars and I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of what I've tried and what I liked. My spreadsheet is still pretty simple, but I'm planning on beefing it up with lots of dorky engineering bells and whistles (stuff like pop-ups & conditional formatting that will remind you that a cigar or box has hit it's target aged date).

With regards to the OP, I track both from the date on the box (if applicable) and the date I bought it/put in the humidor.